Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Storing seeds long term

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
seymore_budz
Respected Member

Re: Storing seeds long term

Post by seymore_budz »

Treetrunk wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:36 pm
Wrh wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:35 am
Thank you all very much for your replies , I've always kept them in my sock drawer but I've noticed the older they get the slower they germinate or even don't come up lol 😂 , it would be silly to have a nice stash and not look after it . I'll find a suitable container and put them in the fridge . Once again thank you all for your help :thanks:
Give em a soak with a weak hydrogen peroxide mix before planting.
Helps soften the shell and adds a bit of oxygen.
12% stuff mix is 8.4 ml to 100 ml of water.
Soak for 24 hours and I bung em straight into root riots that have a minute on full in the microwave.
Helps a lot with older seeds.
This works 100% I don't normally soak for 24 hours, but it shouldn't do any harm. You can also scarify the seed. Back in the day, I used to use a matchbox and the striker paper. Stick the strike paper to the inside of the matchbox, pop your seeds in and give em a good shake.

In the absolute extreme cases, some seeds can actually be clipped. I wouldn't attempt this with a cannabis seed as its too small :) If you got surgical steady hands, all else has failed and your seeds are old af, might be worth a try :lol:

I also find Nitrozyme speeds up germination and aids the seedlings once they crack.
These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post (total 2):
Wrh (Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:07 pm) • Treetrunk (Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:37 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Storing seeds long term

Post by 2-Scoops »

Treetrunk wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:36 pm
Give em a soak with a weak hydrogen peroxide mix before planting.
Helps soften the shell and adds a bit of oxygen.
12% stuff mix is 8.4 ml to 100 ml of water.
Soak for 24 hours and I bung em straight into root riots that have a minute on full in the microwave.
Helps a lot with older seeds.
Yes i do summink similar with older seeds that i cant germ TT but i only soak for 12 hours before adding seeds between a folded damp paper towel that`s had similar treatment, they usually crack and show their tails in a few days but not always, but i also add a few drops of fulvic to that water and h202 mix too.

Storing seeds well i just pop them in a tin in bottom of fridge.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Wrh (Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:33 pm) • Treetrunk (Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:37 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”