Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

When to use UV LED strip and Far Red strip

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
wutang
Known User

When to use UV LED strip and Far Red strip

Post by wutang »

Hey guys

I've got both the uv strip and fr strip from invisible sub

I've been using the fr previously, 15minutes prior to lights out..and 15minutes before (IIRC) lights on? Is this right?

I also have the UV supplemental strip which I've never used before, what's the best time/cycle period to use this please?

Any input on either would be appreciated.

Cheers
Wu
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
2-Scoops (Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:00 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: When to use UV LED strip and Far Red strip

Post by 2-Scoops »

I used the far red like you said in past, i cant say i noticed any difference personally speaking so is in my draw now.

The UVA i used like you would UVB for last 2 or 3 weeks for around 6 to 8 hours daily. That said UVA doesn't have oomph like UVB does so i dont think it will damage plants so much if used a little more often (if we can call it damage), so you could prolly use it right through grow when you start seeing flowers for a few daily if ya feel need too that is Cant say i noticed any difference with this UVA either another one in draw.

Give us a shout Wu if you like them and feel like your grow would benefit from a little bit more, you can take both these, it will free me up some draw space too. 8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
mrming (Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:30 pm) • wutang (Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:22 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

wutang
Known User

Re: When to use UV LED strip and Far Red strip

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:01 pm
I used the far red like you said in past, i cant say i noticed any difference personally speaking so is in my draw now.

The UVA i used like you would UVB for last 2 or 3 weeks for around 6 to 8 hours daily. That said UVA doesn't have oomph like UVB does so i dont think it will damage plants so much if used a little more often (if we can call it damage), so you could prolly use it right through grow when you start seeing flowers for a few daily if ya feel need too that is Cant say i noticed any difference with this UVA either another one in draw.

Give us a shout Wu if you like them and feel like your grow would benefit from a little bit more, you can take both these, it will free me up some draw space too. 8-)
Thanks bro. I'm not a perpetual grower..Well at least not through winter anymore, and when I'm on hols so I don't mix a lot up and do same strains against different equipment to see how they perform with and without because some pheno types are different even with same strain (it that's the right wording).

I'll do a bit more digging too but I thought if anyone was the eggspert here I'd ask first.

Thanks bro for the offer will let you know.

Peace
Wu

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”