Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Comfrey

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Greenfingers
Known User

Comfrey

Post by Greenfingers »

Good evening 8-)

my comfrey patch has gone a tad well this year so I'm going to be collecting it for use in my pots, I'm thinking of drying it so stores better for whenever I need it for teas or top dressings.
any here use it for your ladies?

8-)
These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post (total 2):
Herbalist (Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:46 pm) • Inactive account (Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:26 pm)

HRH
Known User

Re: Comfrey

Post by HRH »

Same here. Have made some comfrey feed, but we've only ever used it outside on the veg.
These users thanked the author HRH for the post (total 2):
Greenfingers (Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:59 pm) • Inactive account (Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:26 pm)

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

I thought there would of been more that used comfrey as its full of good stuff for our ladies.

"Comfrey tea is rich in nitrogen and potassium; it is a nutritious side-dressing for fruiting vegetables. Tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and berries use nitrogen to support leaf growth and potassium to promote flowers and fruit. The nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium (NPK) ratio of dried comfrey leaves is 1.8-0.5-5.3; comfrey also contains calcium."

"With its deep taproot and large root system, comfrey pulls its nutrients from way down in the subsoil, where most other plants can't reach. Comfrey is high in just about every nutrient a plant needs, including the big three, nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, and many trace elements.

Its high carbon to nitrogen value means that it does not deplete nitrogen from the soil, as it decomposes. It becomes a good source of nitrogen. And it has more potassium than composted manure."
These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post (total 3):
HRH (Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:36 pm) • Herbalist (Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:46 pm) • Inactive account (Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:26 pm)

HRH
Known User

Post by HRH »

Good info - thanks. I thought there maybe more who use it too.
It likes to spread though doesn't it. We had to move ours a few years ago - we've got membrane covering where it was before & it kept coming up from underground for years. So we try to keep it at the back of the bed to restrict it.
These users thanked the author HRH for the post:
Greenfingers (Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:20 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”