Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

How to find a mentor

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
FarmerGiles

Re: How to find a mentor

Post by FarmerGiles »

2-Scoops wrote:If you just put a grow journal up and pm me a link ill pop in from time to time to help out and I'm sure many more will do that here as well, tis just I've not really got patience at moment to full on mentor someone and i mean you know how to grow. So yes if you don't get any offers to mentor I'll help out as much as i can.

Just carry on hand feeding and slinging waste that comes outa pot bottoms atmo and don't over fert. Feed a fert ec around 0.5 on top of whatever your water is so if hard water is 0.5 ec + 0.5fert ec = 1.0ec total or if soft-water just go at 0.5ec

Erm i don't think your saving much leccy from juice box with those lights. Not my cuppa tea LED although I'll prolly be switching over to it for Summer months
Yeah no that’s fine and like you I’m busy working too thanks for your honesty I’m growing in a building with heating and my feed I’m mixing up at about 1.0 ec with an 0.8 run off watering every other day at moment but the x 3 that I have which do you think will
Turn out the best all rounder?.

Anyway enjoy your day and thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
‘Flying higher than The General Lee on a Saturday afternoon’ :barmy:

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

FarmerGiles wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:18 pm
2-Scoops wrote:If you just put a grow journal up and pm me a link ill pop in from time to time to help out and I'm sure many more will do that here as well, tis just I've not really got patience at moment to full on mentor someone and i mean you know how to grow. So yes if you don't get any offers to mentor I'll help out as much as i can.

Just carry on hand feeding and slinging waste that comes outa pot bottoms atmo and don't over fert. Feed a fert ec around 0.5 on top of whatever your water is so if hard water is 0.5 ec + 0.5fert ec = 1.0ec total or if soft-water just go at 0.5ec

Erm i don't think your saving much leccy from juice box with those lights. Not my cuppa tea LED although I'll prolly be switching over to it for Summer months
Yeah no that’s fine and like you I’m busy working too thanks for your honesty I’m growing in a building with heating and my feed I’m mixing up at about 1.0 ec with an 0.8 run off watering every other day at moment but the x 3 that I have which do you think will
Turn out the best all rounder?.

Anyway enjoy your day and thanks.

Is 1.0ec just ferts, kinda is your water soft-water 0.0 ec cus if that`s ferts only they really need dropping by half (0.5fert ec) or you`ll be cooking those soon enough, way too high atmo.

Got me a Barney`s critical kush in atmo, man I've seen top buds off these size of size 11 slippers done under a 600hps.Owt with critical in mix tend to be mahoosive buds
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
FarmerGiles (Thu May 13, 2021 12:35 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

FarmerGiles

How to find a mentor

Post by FarmerGiles »

Well out the tap my EC is 0.4 and the PH is 7.3
My mixed up Nutes PH down etc is at EC 1.0 PH 6.3 so maybe water it down a bit?.

Fun off at 20% is 0.8

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

FarmerGiles wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:31 pm
Well out the tap my EC is 0.4 and the PH is 7.3
My mixed up Nutes PH down etc is at EC 1.0 PH 6.3 so maybe water it down a bit?.

Ah right, well i know it don`t sound much but i`d prolly be going in at 0.8/9 all together myself with your water and if ph is around 5.5 to 6.5 i wouldn`t bother to much ph`ing your mix till they`re a bit bigger cus that ph- raises ec slightly. I mean you prolly will get away with what your feeding 0.6fert ec on top of your 0.4-hard-water cus 0.6ec ferts isn`t much tbh. If you leave them as is just keep eye on them and if owt looks dodgy get them run through with plenty of water and lower ec a little. It`s your shout at end of shift, leave them or lower ferts a wee bit

Run off means feck all atmo tbh unless you`ve got problems, its just a not so accurate guide as to what`s going on in your medium nowt else, but if you were using it as a guide you would be lowering feed by around 0.2 roughly, but that`s roughly as said its hardly an accurate way and kinda a more or less rough ass guide type way of telling you shit.
Last edited by 2-Scoops on Thu May 13, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Treetrunk (Thu May 13, 2021 6:55 pm) • GMO (Thu May 13, 2021 11:03 pm)

FarmerGiles

Post by FarmerGiles »

I’ll definitely lower than and verge on the side of caution better safe than sorry I think.

Thanks again buddy appreciate it

These users thanked the author FarmerGiles for the post (total 3):
2-Scoops (Thu May 13, 2021 12:46 pm) • Treetrunk (Thu May 13, 2021 6:55 pm) • GMO (Thu May 13, 2021 11:02 pm)

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

You've got the right lights for the job.
If you've grown with HPS you'll find led a piece a piss.
Lots less heat and I think a better flavour.
Totally agree buds are smaller but the flavour is intensified.
I've found my best results with LEDs is with Indica and more Indica leaning Crosse's.
Get a lux meter or an app on your phone to measure intensity.
Aim for 65 to 70000 lux in flower
These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post (total 2):
FarmerGiles (Thu May 13, 2021 9:54 pm) • GMO (Thu May 13, 2021 11:02 pm)

FarmerGiles

Post by FarmerGiles »

Nice one cheers for the heads up looking forward too it will post up pics as I go the three types I have I’m just wondering what one will be the best to continue with?
These users thanked the author FarmerGiles for the post:
GMO (Thu May 13, 2021 11:02 pm)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

and this is why I love GR420! So so many here that will jump in and help anyone learn to grow and new tricks and tips to use!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post (total 3):
FarmerGiles (Thu May 13, 2021 9:53 pm) • GMO (Thu May 13, 2021 11:02 pm) • TommyT (Fri May 14, 2021 4:43 am)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

FarmerGiles wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:47 pm
Nice one cheers for the heads up looking forward too it will post up pics as I go the three types I have I’m just wondering what one will be the best to continue with?
You could grow all of them, take cuts and keep them as small plants, then when the original lot have finished and you know what dope you like best, you know which ones to run with.

:idn:

God luck though dude.

:dance:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
GMO (Thu May 13, 2021 11:02 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

Hiya farmer giles I don't mentor anyone unless I can actually see the dope / groom twice weekly with my own beady eyeballs but 1 thing I can do is tell ewe when things are looking ruff or where your going wrong,if this helps fire up a diary I'm sure ewe get a smoke see. Atb and yeah...

great googly moogly!

These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
FarmerGiles (Thu May 13, 2021 10:27 pm) • GMO (Thu May 13, 2021 11:02 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”