Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Chopping? Too late or too early?

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Nanook
Respected Member

Re: Chopping? Too late or too early?

Post by Nanook »

Personal preference mate. A lot leave longer for weight - I tend to do BC 8.5-9.5 weeks. I have chopped at 6.5 weeks and a different type of high, and 11 weeks and different again. I think you need to harvest staggered and see which you prefer yourself :)
These users thanked the author Nanook for the post (total 2):
Guest (Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:19 pm) • Bulls (Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:03 am)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

Bulls wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:54 pm
Hello lads. Been thinking lately..my planta always seem to stink the most about week 7 or 8 flowering. Last time I had to chop earlier and to be honest I truly enjoy the smoke and the smell. Are we waiting for too long sometimes?
Its a fair question bro and something I have pondered much myself. I agree there is a ton of different variables that may have an impact. Type of cultivar, temperature, stress free grow, the values of your room throughout the whole grow... and then you have to balance that against your personal tastes and expectations

I have often though the true test would be to grow out 4 or 5 of the same plant/clone, and then harvest each plant 5 days apart (or whatever you think is a good spread), so you take the first at day 51, then day 56 , day 61 day 66 and day 70. The thing is, you would need to do this for every single keeper clone, to truly know how each cultivar responds. I think that's about the only way to have true certainty at when is the correct harvest window for your tastes...lot of work though haha.

I heard to some of the Chem family crew say in an interview that through testing they found that Chem 91 produced its highest numbers a little earlier in flower (like day 60 or 61) then they had been taking it longer than that previously.

I've been stung taking flower too long beyond its window. I found when you over cook them, you lose the nuisance of flavor, especially for tropical fruity terps, which seem to be a bit fragile/fineky anyway. The likely hood of getting botritis goes through the roof the longer your leave them too. If are going to leave them longer....the values of your room better be dialed in like a doctor.
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post:
Guest (Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:01 pm)
Weed will get me through times of no money, better than money will get me through times of no weed - Robert Sabbag, Smoke Screen

Cave Hill Cole
Known User

Post by Cave Hill Cole »

Chad.Westport wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:54 am
An old saying - When you think its done, wait another week.
I remember that as a quote from Jorge Cevantes, in one of the first cannabis horticulture books i ever read. Its a good piece of calming advice for newbies.
These users thanked the author Cave Hill Cole for the post (total 2):
Guest (Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:02 pm) • Treetrunk (Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:28 pm)

Post by Guest »

Cave Hill Cole wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:05 pm
Chad.Westport wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:54 am
An old saying - When you think its done, wait another week.
I remember that as a quote from Jorge Cevantes, in one of the first cannabis horticulture books i ever read. Its a good piece of calming advice for newbies.
I like your theory.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
Cave Hill Cole (Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:48 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

I like mine kind of greasy looking shiny like this 63 days my last run I took at 52 days duw to stinking out the St

Great Googly Moogly

These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 4):
Treetrunk (Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:27 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:48 pm) • Guest (Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:43 am) • Josh (Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:41 pm)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Looking nice Captain..thank you all for the output. I've taken the Exodus Cheese down plenty of times at 9 1/2 weeks...let's see how it is at 8 weeks. Chop chop end of this weekend it is!
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 3):
Guest (Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:29 pm) • Josh (Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:41 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:08 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

Bulls wrote:Looking nice Captain..thank you all for the output. I've taken the Exodus Cheese down plenty of times at 9 1/2 weeks...let's see how it is at 8 weeks. Chop chop end of this weekend it is!
Diolch yn fawr Bach heres a 7 week flower from the last run Image

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 2):
Guest (Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:15 pm) • Bulls (Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:06 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”