Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Chopping? Too late or too early?

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Bulls
Coco Grower

Chopping? Too late or too early?

Post by Bulls »

Hello lads. Been thinking lately..my planta always seem to stink the most about week 7 or 8 flowering. Last time I had to chop earlier and to be honest I truly enjoy the smoke and the smell. Are we waiting for too long sometimes?
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 3):
GMO (Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:07 pm) • Guest (Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:37 am) • Rubbered (Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:04 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Re: Chopping? Too late or too early?

Post by GMO »

i kinda think so also in all honesty
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
Guest (Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:38 am)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

well how long is a piece of string ? ... its surely strain related e.g a sat is gonna go 12 weeks where as an indica x sativa will be slightly shorter .... but 1 thing for sure a cutting will flower much quicker than the seed it came from ( fact) tried + tested by myself hows that !!! i took my nonames last grow at 7 weeks 3 days of 12/12 i see no difference in quality tbh it still smokes like a train. :clap:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post (total 3):
Josh (Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:53 am) • Guest (Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:38 am) • Bulls (Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:07 am)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

It's a difficult call. I mean there's lots of variables to consider. Does it taste better because because you pulled early or because they didn't get as long in flush or did something environmental play a part? That's just a few from more than a handful of aspects to consider.

Personally I think it makes a difference. These cooked plants that have swollen and have more than a few amber trichomes will have a different profile. I suppose it boils down to personal preference.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

wat ya want is ripe calyx .... not over ripe,take mine when i see the glands degrading 50/50 cloudy clear if that helps ....i dont let my trichromes deteriorate see :oik!: but i like o friten myself with my own shadow i grow dope to get high :idn:
These users thanked the author Captain Beefheart for the post:
Guest (Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:41 am)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

nonames at 7 weeks 3 days flipped,if ewe look closely its awful shiny thats how i like em,dont alf make me twitch a bit see :Stoned:

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

another 10 days on that would av been nice.... :Stoned:

Post by Guest »

Captain Beefheart wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:11 pm
well how long is a piece of string ? ... its surely strain related e.g a sat is gonna go 12 weeks where as an indica x sativa will be slightly shorter .... but 1 thing for sure a cutting will flower much quicker than the seed it came from ( fact) tried + tested by myself hows that !!! i took my nonames last grow at 7 weeks 3 days of 12/12 i see no difference in quality tbh it still smokes like a train. :clap:
I thik you have to judge when the plant stops growing efficiently.

To judge by trichomes we would need to sacrafice buds to look into the centre also for ripeness. I think you have a point @Captain Beefheart Every strain would be different.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Post by Guest »

I picked my last grows a little early as I had nothing in my jars and they both turned out lobvely smoke.

Maybe we should use our noses as previously mentioned about 7-8 weeks being the smelliest point through flower. Maybe we should use our noses to capture the terpenes at their best as well as looking at trichomes and pistils.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
GMO (Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:40 pm) • Rubbered (Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:06 pm)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

It's a weird one. Everyone's sayin exo is cooked at 9.5 weeks but I trully more enjoy it at 8 - 8.5 weeks. Way stickier, more stinky and better high. Agent Orange - some say 11 weeks. At 9 weeks is perfect for me. Longer than that on these two strains and seems loosing on smell and high.
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post:
Guest (Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:19 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”