Welcome to the general & cannabis growers discussion section. This section is for general discussions about cannabis and growing. Plenty of laughs to be found in here. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Grove bags

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Ash

Re: Grove bags

Post by Ash »

Hmr81 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:26 pm
is there a way to use them? or just throw dry bud in and seal it up?
I think so tbh im just making sure. The guy said its a steady 62%rh
These users thanked the author Ash for the post:
Hmr81 (Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:46 pm)
"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it". - George Bernard Shaw

Ash

Post by Ash »

Hmr81 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:26 pm
is there a way to use them? or just throw dry bud in and seal it up?
Sorry let me explain that properly. The humidity in the room the bags are in is 40% but the bud has maintained a solid 62%rh nevertheless and hasnt dried. Reports better smell than jars. I was just being uber carefull telling ypu to read up its just bag it seal and forget it. :nice:
Hmr81 (Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:46 pm)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

I'm about to buy some, heard a lot of good things about them.

Having a hard time with cheapo mini hygrometers in my glass jars, nearly killed an oz of curing weed when the hygrometer said it was at 78%. Just caught it in time, now curing at 62 (I think!). These bags may solve that BS.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post (total 2):
Ash (Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:18 pm) • biosynthetic (Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:47 pm)

Ash

Post by Ash »

Tictok wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:10 pm

Having a hard time with cheapo mini hygrometers in my glass jars, nearly killed an oz of curing weed when the hygrometer said it was at 78%. Just caught it in time, now curing at 62 (I think!). These bags may solve that BS.
:nice: I know they seem like a real problem solver with little worry just being on cruise control. Really hope they do you well. Be sure to let me know the verdict :thanks:

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Ash wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:21 pm
Tictok wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:10 pm

:nice: I know they seem like a real problem solver with little worry just being on cruise control. Really hope they do you well. Be sure to let me know the verdict :thanks:
For sure, will do. Need to do a little research on them but I've ordered 4 half ounce bags to do a comparison.

I've got 2 oz of NL5 curing at about 65% currently so I'll take half an oz and bag it up then do a compare in a few weeks.

Also 2oz of HashplantD that have only just been jarred to ill do the same with half of it.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post (total 3):
Ash (Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:43 pm) • biosynthetic (Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:50 pm) • fabi420 (Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:42 pm)

Ash

Post by Ash »

Cant fault you tictok cant think of a better way to compare
Tictok (Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:35 pm)

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

Nice, be interesting to see the results...
These users thanked the author FX for the post (total 2):
Ash (Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:22 pm) • Tictok (Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:35 pm)
“Although I am a typical loner in daily life, my consciousness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has preserved me from feeling isolated.” - Albert Einstein

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

They are ordered.

So an oz of NL5, 4 weeks into a jar cure will have half put in the Grove bag and half left in the jar. In the jar they are at 65% anyway.

An oz of HashplantD (Bodhi) will go into 2 half oz bags leaving an oz in the jar. This is currently at about 67% and only been in there a week. Jarred this one a little early so will be a good test.

Then half an oz of Guerilla Fume will go in a bag with half left in the jar, this is two weeks into jarring and is at 63% .

The first test will be when each strain gets to 6 weeks cure (NL will be first in a couple of weeks).

These will then be retested at 8 weeks.

Jars will be burped as normal until they reach 62% then burped maybe once a week. Grove bags will not be opened until testing.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post (total 4):
biosynthetic (Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:51 pm) • Guest (Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:22 am) • Hmr81 (Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:09 pm) • Ash (Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:36 pm)

Ash

Post by Ash »

Tictok wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:51 pm
They are ordered.

So an oz of NL5, 4 weeks into a jar cure will have half put in the Grove bag and half left in the jar. In the jar they are at 65% anyway.

An oz of HashplantD (Bodhi) will go into 2 half oz bags leaving an oz in the jar. This is currently at about 67% and only been in there a week. Jarred this one a little early so will be a good test.

Then half an oz of Guerilla Fume will go in a bag with half left in the jar, this is two weeks into jarring and is at 63% .

The first test will be when each strain gets to 6 weeks cure (NL will be first in a couple of weeks).

Jars will be burped as normal until they reach 62% then burped maybe once a week. Grove bags will not be opened until testing.
:nice: Brilliant! You cant do any better with what you have to put it to the test. Will you also test with a freshly dried harvest at some point? Either way, expect me to appear from seemingly nowhere and hassle you for the verdict in a couple of months :lol: . I really hope they do you well. These bags have been living rent free in my head for days on end now so im sure i will end up trying them and testing against burping with jars on my first harvest. Idk if youve seen but i spoke to a grower who rates them and says they work, however he did test both jars and grove bags on a freshly dried harvest and said the grove bags smelt better than the jars after two months when he checked first time. (Same pheno etc). Hope they give you and HMR all the dankness :thx: :Stoned: :rock:
Tictok (Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:34 am)

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Ash wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:46 pm
Tictok wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:51 pm
They are ordered.

:nice: Brilliant! You cant do any better with what you have to put it to the test. Will you also test with a freshly dried harvest at some point? Either way, expect me to appear from seemingly nowhere and hassle you for the verdict in a couple of months :lol: . I really hope they do you well. These bags have been living rent free in my head for days on end now so im sure i will end up trying them and testing against burping with jars on my first harvest. Idk if youve seen but i spoke to a grower who rates them and says they work, however he did test both jars and grove bags on a freshly dried harvest and said the grove bags smelt better than the jars after two months when he checked first time. (Same pheno etc). Hope they give you and HMR all the dankness :thx: :Stoned: :rock:
Yes, the freshly dried harvest would be the ultimate test. Still cannot get my head round how that works.
These users thanked the author Tictok for the post:
Ash (Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:34 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”