New Blog - Can You Grow Weed Outdoors In Cold Temperatures?

abseedyofficial

Re: New Blog - Can You Grow Weed Outdoors In Cold Temperatures?

Post by abseedyofficial »

Rawreefer wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:18 pm
Hi There,
What can you recommend that is okay for going late on in the year ??. The last three years have been getting later and later. With this comes the risk of bud rot, so something that is best resistant to bud rot please if you don't mind and i will give it a bash on your recommendation....
Hey Hey

Sure thing lets have a look at a few things for you - Heads up, when going later in the season although the strains below are stated as being good for the cold if it is too cold (root system below 10-12°C) they will struggle regardless.

not to state too much of the obvious but anything with "outdoor" in the name will of course be more suited for outdoor use but would say if you are looking at the "outdoor" strains look at some from Dutch companies as they have what would be harsher climates during outdoor time than someone based in say Spain.

Up until today would have recommended something like Frisian duck or dew but following the comments we got on the post dont think we would do that any more :lol:

There are a few strains noted at the end of the blog which specifically mention being good with mold resistance and the cold weather. Here are a couple of them plus some extra options:

Moscow Blueberry Feminised – Kalashnikov Seeds - Kalashnikov are a Russian seed bank so if anyone knows about the cold it would be them!

Nepal Jam - Ace Seeds - Taken from genetics found in Nepal up in the mountains where it grows naturally in the cold so should do okay outdoors in colder weather.

Mamba Negra FAST Feminised Seeds - Blimburn - This could be a good option as it is a fast flowering version that is resistant to mold, could be a good idea when going in late.

As it is going in late some other good options might be the shortest flowering Autos. As you havent got as much time as usual that could play into your hands to try and avoid the real bad cold snaps - here are a few:

Cream Caramel Auto - Sweet Seeds - Only 8 Weeks from Germination to Harvest, very quick turn around and Sweet Seeds say it is on par with the fem version.

Venice Beach Afghan Auto - Kera Seeds - Very short flowering period and meant to be very easy and resistant to mold and disease.

Let us know if we can help with anything else :rock:

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
abseedyofficial

Post by abseedyofficial »

Solo Forager336 wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:07 pm
I've had plants outside in early December and there was frost about at the time.
What a noticed was that the plants were droopy when it was cold, the thc seemed to increase and the flowers got really gassy.
So yeah I would say they can take a few light touches of frost at the end of the season.

It depends on the plants really there are some that just never show mould no matter what the weather throws at them.
Interesting to hear that the THC increased and it got more gassy yet the plant got droopy...would have thought it would have had the opposite effect 🤷‍♂️

From what we found when doing the blog a bit of frost as you say isnt the worst thing for the plants but more how you deal with it and making sure there is no extra moisture on the plant for it to hold on to and create the mould from

Solo Forager336

Post by Solo Forager336 »

abseedyofficial wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:07 pm
Solo Forager336 wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:07 pm
I've had plants outside in early December and there was frost about at the time.
What a noticed was that the plants were droopy when it was cold, the thc seemed to increase and the flowers got really gassy.
So yeah I would say they can take a few light touches of frost at the end of the season.

It depends on the plants really there are some that just never show mould no matter what the weather throws at them.
Interesting to hear that the THC increased and it got more gassy yet the plant got droopy...would have thought it would have had the opposite effect 🤷‍♂️

From what I can remember the leaves were droopy not praying, buds seemed to get more frosty but they were nearly done at the time, definitely noticeably gassier like dog farts mixed with wild berries.

From what we found when doing the blog a bit of frost as you say isnt the worst thing for the plants but more how you deal with it and making sure there is no extra moisture on the plant for it to hold on to and create the mould from
From what I can remember the leaves were droopy not praying, buds seemed to get more frosty but they were nearly done at the time, definitely noticeably gassier like dog farts mixed with wild berries.

I'm guerilla growing and have already had the dreaded mould on some of the plants which had to be removed, It rains a lot around here and I just grow organic and try to leave it to nature to do the rest.
These users thanked the author Solo Forager336 for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:27 pm) • abseedyofficial (Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:40 am)

Return to “A B Seedy”