Interviewing UK Cannabis Lawyers - share your questions!

abseedyofficial

Re: Interviewing UK Cannabis Lawyers - share your questions!

Post by abseedyofficial »

Chad.Westport wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:31 pm
abseedyofficial wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:46 pm
Hey Everyone!

Here is the podcast! Thanks for all your questions!

You can listen to the full episode on all major podcast platforms here - https://www.abseedy.com/thats-dope-weed-podcast/

Or watch the video below

We hope you enjoy the episode!

stoked to give this a listen, thank you
Hope you enjoy it!!

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Was a great interview they are two great guys having a go at making a change, the problem as I see it is that lawyers who are signed up to the bar association which I think they all have to be, have to play by the letter of the law, which is a problem when the law is an ass!. I do think that there is a route around this for the individual through a common law, I see it as at some point we all became citizens who by default at signed up to agree with all the bullshit the politicians come out with, these arnt law in the strictest sense they are statues that as I see it are meant for the default citizens, I think that there is a route out of this by declaring yourself as a sovereign person and not a citizen, kind of like the royal family who are no different biologically from you or me yet are immune from prosecution, or that foreign diplomats are immune to prosecution. I honestly don’t think we can wait for the government to change laws I think they went rogue years ago and prity much just line their own pockets and look after their big money backers.
I can’t put my finger on it at the moment but something tells me there is something in this common Law sovereignty route idea.
These users thanked the author IMO for the post:
abseedyofficial (Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:51 am)

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

IMO wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:17 am
Was a great interview they are two great guys having a go at making a change, the problem as I see it is that lawyers who are signed up to the bar association which I think they all have to be, have to play by the letter of the law, which is a problem when the law is an ass!. I do think that there is a route around this for the individual through a common law, I see it as at some point we all became citizens who by default at signed up to agree with all the bullshit the politicians come out with, these arnt law in the strictest sense they are statues that as I see it are meant for the default citizens, I think that there is a route out of this by declaring yourself as a sovereign person and not a citizen, kind of like the royal family who are no different biologically from you or me yet are immune from prosecution, or that foreign diplomats are immune to prosecution. I honestly don’t think we can wait for the government to change laws I think they went rogue years ago and prity much just line their own pockets and look after their big money backers.
I can’t put my finger on it at the moment but something tells me there is something in this common Law sovereignty route idea.
It's been tried before mate. Makes sense to me and I agree, I didn't sign up to be a citizen of their country or agree to live by their ruling but trying to move away from them only seems to get you in trouble. Look at the layman on the land movement. Same thing you suggested but it doesn't work. In their eyes, the law is final.
These users thanked the author KD for the post:

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

KrazyDave wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:53 am
IMO wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:17 am
It's been tried before mate. Makes sense to me and I agree, I didn't sign up to be a citizen of their country or agree to live by their ruling but trying to move away from them only seems to get you in trouble. Look at the layman on the land movement. Same thing you suggested but it doesn't work. In their eyes, the law is final.
Yeah I know it’s been tried before but was it tried in the correct way, a lot of it is contract and consent, which is why you should never say anything to a policeman to help convict yourself. I know it’s not the easy route and I hope it’s not needed I’d rather they just stop treating us like children bud just straight decriminalise all drugs.

abseedyofficial

Couldn't agree more - it's totally ridiculous at this point to keep cannabis illegal considering all the evidence that shows it was only made illegal due to lobbyists wanting to stop hemp production - all scientific research has shown cannabis to have extreme medical benefits and it deserves to be taken seriously. We are not sure if claiming to be a sovereign person would work at this stage yet everything is worth trying right now!

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

Wtu group have got a solicitor on the case pro Bono and they are preparing to take it to court if they can raise the cash for a barrister, they are looking to go from a human rights perspective ie each time they prosecute someone for growing for personal use they are infringing on the persons human rights and that no crime has been committed because there is no victim, I think this is the way to go, stop asking governments to permit us rights when we have them already we just need a court to agree. Pity it costs so much money to take things like this to court what a world eh.

abseedyofficial

IMO wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:10 pm
Wtu group have got a solicitor on the case pro Bono and they are preparing to take it to court if they can raise the cash for a barrister, they are looking to go from a human rights perspective ie each time they prosecute someone for growing for personal use they are infringing on the persons human rights and that no crime has been committed because there is no victim, I think this is the way to go, stop asking governments to permit us rights when we have them already we just need a court to agree. Pity it costs so much money to take things like this to court what a world eh.
Good to know re WTU Group - thanks for that, going to look into them more!
These users thanked the author abseedyofficial for the post:
IMO (Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:19 pm)

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

@abseedyofficial if you go to WTU Facebook page Phil monk did a good video last night explaining the situation

abseedyofficial

IMO wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:25 pm
@abseedyofficial if you go to WTU Facebook page Phil monk did a good video last night explaining the situation
Thanks bud - going to check it out. Could be great to speak with on the podcast too!

IMO
Known User

Post by IMO »

abseedyofficial wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:42 pm
IMO wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:25 pm
Thanks bud - going to check it out. Could be great to speak with on the podcast too!
Yeaaaahhhh man Phil would be a great guest he is veryyyy hmmmm eloquent!
abseedyofficial (Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:32 am)

Return to “A B Seedy”