Of The Month Competitons Will Return

Growroom420 Announcements, upcoming events and promotions.
Keeno
Site Admin

Of The Month Competitons Will Return

Post by Keeno »

Wassup GR420,

We will be relaunching Plant, Bud, and Groom of the month :barmy:. These will be hosted on the forums Discord channel instead of on the forum for the time being, we will see how they get on. You can find the forums Discord channel on the bottom right of the forum or using the below link. Alternatively, message me or @MommaB.

Discord link: https://discord.com/invite/5vG2GR98
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 7):
MommaB (Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:16 pm) • anova.330 (Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:12 pm) • fabi420 (Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:30 pm) • kbag (Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:51 pm) • machiavelington (Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:37 pm) • Herbalist (Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:43 pm) • biosynthetic (Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:15 am)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Re: Of The Month Competitons Will Return

Post by MommaB »

Very cool! Can’t wait to see how many will jump in 🙌
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:17 pm) • anova.330 (Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:12 pm)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

I have to ask, why are they going on discord instead of on the forum. Surely it's just taking more traffic away from the main site I don't see how that's a good thing. This is not a moan I genuinely don't understand why.
These users thanked the author Wrh for the post (total 4):
MommaB (Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:30 pm) • anova.330 (Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:29 pm) • Keeno (Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:47 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:47 pm)

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Wrh wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:49 am
I have to ask, why are they going on discord instead of on the forum. Surely it's just taking more traffic away from the main site I don't see how that's a good thing. This is not a moan I genuinely don't understand why.
Hey Wrh the hope is that it will allow for more people to be able to enter it. We will of course still have the random comps here on forum. The of the month comps had been stopped mainly because we didn’t have many enter them. By moving it to the Discord we are able to start it back up and hope to get more involved.
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post (total 2):
Wrh (Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:32 pm) • Keeno (Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:13 pm)

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

MommaB wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:39 pm
Wrh wrote:
Hey Wrh the hope is that it will allow for more people to be able to enter it. We will of course still have the random comps here on forum. The of the month comps had been stopped mainly because we didn’t have many enter them. By moving it to the Discord we are able to start it back up and hope to get more involved.
If you have to be a member to enter why are the members on discord and not on here and I apologise again for my ignorance but I still don't get it ,surely you log on here then go over to discord so why not post on here in the first place
These users thanked the author Wrh for the post (total 3):
Keeno (Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:47 pm) • MommaB (Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:15 pm) • 2-Scoops (Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:49 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Wrh wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:40 pm
MommaB wrote:
Wrh wrote:
If you have to be a member to enter why are the members on discord and not on here and I apologise again for my ignorance but I still don't get it ,surely you log on here then go over to discord so why not post on here in the first place
I know you are not moaning Wrh, and appreciate these questions as it will make us think about the reasons and make us see how we can explain things.

Momma points out a very big reason. Forums are struggling all over the place, the issue is the younger generations prefer social media, discord falls into that bracket. When we advertise something for the forum externally we don't get much engagement. We advertised the podcast on doscord and had a load sign up to it. Same with the comps, since advertising them people have started to sign up. We are hoping that discord will act as a good middle ground/bridge to the people who just dont get forums. We have a good few friends of the forum who fall into this bracket.

The main reason is the last 3 months of these competitions here saw very little interest. The last month had 25-30 people read the topic, of this amount 2 hit the vote button to get a winner. Ive been saying in my not so fun ranty threads :lol:, that we cant keep throwing time and resources at things that are not used or wanted. If they are indeed wanted then people entering or at least voting for the winner while they are in the specific topic anyway would be a good indicator of that. We can only go by what we see from the members using it. Same with the parties, points system, events, before this.

I'll throw thousands of seeds and 10's of hours a week along with MommaB at anything here, especially to increase members and traffic, it just has to be worth it, or at least be seen to be enjoyed. Despite us being as quiet as we are we are still throwing seeds and time at the place, more than anywhere else. All of the above mentioned things that stopped can still be done, and brought back, we would love to, but it has to be worth the time like ive said in the year leading us to us actually stopping these things. We have some very unique and giving aspects here at GR420, things you will not find anywhere else, but again, it has to be worth it.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
MommaB (Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:16 pm) • Wrh (Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:31 pm)

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

I'm going to have a look how Discord works.
I haven't a clue
These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:35 pm) • MommaB (Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:54 pm)

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

Keeno wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:13 pm
Wrh wrote:
MommaB wrote:

I know you are not moaning Wrh, and appreciate these questions as it will make us think about the reasons and make us see how we can explain things.

Momma points out a very big reason. Forums are struggling all over the place, the issue is the younger generations prefer social media, discord falls into that bracket. When we advertise something for the forum externally we don't get much engagement. We advertised the podcast on doscord and had a load sign up to it. Same with the comps, since advertising them people have started to sign up. We are hoping that discord will act as a good middle ground/bridge to the people who just dont get forums. We have a good few friends of the forum who fall into this bracket.

The main reason is the last 3 months of these competitions here saw very little interest. The last month had 25-30 people read the topic, of this amount 2 hit the vote button to get a winner. Ive been saying in my not so fun ranty threads :lol:, that we cant keep throwing time and resources at things that are not used or wanted. If they are indeed wanted then people entering or at least voting for the winner while they are in the specific topic anyway would be a good indicator of that. We can only go by what we see from the members using it. Same with the parties, points system, events, before this.

I'll throw thousands of seeds and 10's of hours a week at anything here, especially to increase members and traffic, it just has to be worth it, or at least be seen to be enjoyed. Despite us being as quiet as we are we are still throwing seeds and time at the place, more than anywhere else. All of the above mentioned things that stopped can still be done, and brought back, we would love to, but it has to be worth the time like ive said in the year leading us to us actually stopping these things. We have some very unique and giving aspects here at GR420, things you will not find anywhere else, but again, it has to be worth it.
You know me mate I've only just got used to the forum lol 😂 , I signed up to discord earlier just to look at it and it's just like here , there didn't seem to be much more on there than here it seems a shame to move things over there instead of here ,I know what you mean about the comps and as you said hopefully it will draw more people over to the forum . Hope your good mate
These users thanked the author Wrh for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:31 pm) • MommaB (Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:54 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Wrh wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:29 pm
Keeno wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:13 pm
Wrh wrote:

I'll throw thousands of seeds and 10's of hours a week at anything here, especially to increase members and traffic, it just has to be worth it, or at least be seen to be enjoyed. Despite us being as quiet as we are we are still throwing seeds and time at the place, more than anywhere else. All of the above mentioned things that stopped can still be done, and brought back, we would love to, but it has to be worth the time like ive said in the year leading us to us actually stopping these things. We have some very unique and giving aspects here at GR420, things you will not find anywhere else, but again, it has to be worth it.
You know me mate I've only just got used to the forum lol 😂 , I signed up to discord earlier just to look at it and it's just like here , there didn't seem to be much more on there than here it seems a shame to move things over there instead of here ,I know what you mean about the comps and as you said hopefully it will draw more people over to the forum . Hope your good mate
Its not busy there either, nowhere is in these types of communities these days which is a shame. The way its being looked at is we can keep throwing time and recources just here which doesnt seem to liven things up, or we can start to split some of it and look elsewhere, at least still on a GR420 platform. The difference between the forum and the other platforms is the other platforms haven't had 10,000 seeds thrown at them, 10's of tents and lights, dozens of parties, events, promotions, grow outs. There is not a member here without a goody chest from the place, friends, contacts, many hours of fun. I hope to be able to keep that up as I do believe it will be sorely missed if it ever stops altogether.

It may reduce some of the traffic to reduce some of it here, but its certainly not increasing the traffic to continue it and hasnt for a while. it may be that people want a place to just log in and have a read, occasional post, which is fine. If the place makes use of things then the time and resouces are all worth it, with things like the of the month, months of next to no entries and fewer votes prove they were not needed, like the events, parties, points store before them. If things are indeed wanted they need to be made use off, its the only way we would know otherwise. Ive got more seeds and kit than ever tucked away, cant hurt to throw a load of it elsewhere and see what the response is.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
MommaB (Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:54 pm) • Wrh (Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:58 pm)

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

I understand mate it certainly can't hurt to try something different and fair play to you . You know how much we appreciate what has been done for us members and I know if it can be done you'll do it . I'll be about as long as the forum is going and long may it last
These users thanked the author Wrh for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:19 pm) • MommaB (Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:58 pm)

Return to “Announcements”