IMPORATAN INFORMATION ABOUT DELETING IMGAGES AT GR420

A place to discuss cannabis and growing related topics
Keeno
Site Admin

IMPORATAN INFORMATION ABOUT DELETING IMGAGES AT GR420

Post by Keeno »

Wassup GR420,

We have had cases over the years of people deleting every image they have uploaded to the forum. Unlike other forums we allow this despite it destroying every post or thread these images have been posted in as well as any replies to other peoples diaries, questions, reviews etc.

I am of the belief that members should always have control over images they post, and should be able to delete, edit them. We started GR420 with that idea, that the community are not logging onto site where some owner or admin can bully them about to do what they want with the members content.

I dont think anyone can argue we do well in this department, next to no bans in our time open, we dont warn or punish people even though the system is there and we bend over backwards to try keep everyone happy and keep new ideas and thing to do coming.

One thing that literally hurts the forum is when someone deletes all of their images. There may be valid reason but the last few ive seen have been because a member has fallen out with a members over something unrelated to canna, normally in conspiracy topic or similar.

When all images uploaded by a member are deleted it destroys hundreds if not thousands of topics. And when they have done this over a fall out that will likely blow over a a few days, its frustrating, creates hours of work for a team that are already bent over backwards to keep seeds and lights flowing to our members.

I do not want to remove the ability to delete your own images and wont. If that was a option we would of course delete them for a valid reason, if it was a hot head moment id tell you sleep on it, images deleted are not retrievable either. Ive had a few delete images the last 2 months and then get mad at me coz i cant get them back, all because they had the hump for 5 mins and deleted them.

So instead we will now do the below:

From this moment onward anyone who deletes all images without a explanation will loose access to the image gallery extension. They will need to use external image hosting sites to host their images and post them here.

If you have a valid reason as to why you want images deleted message me, we can hide images from members, guests etc. They can then be moved back when you want them unhidden. Works well for a security issue you may be having.

Deleting images hurts the topics they are in, creates broken links which means one of the few team members who will do this kind of work will loose hours if not days sorting it when they already do so much for us all.

This is not a moan, things have to change from this day forward. Anyone who deletes all images from the site without seeing if there is another option or just doing it because they have lost their temper that evening will no longer have access to the forum galleries to upload to and host their images.

I hate these posts i just like everyone else want to enjoy the place and work my arse off so others can.

Any questions pm me.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 11):
Sage (Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:51 am) • Mrs Beefheart (Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:57 am) • The Shanchez (Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:22 am) • Josh (Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:44 am) • Nom (Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:29 am) • IMO (Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:15 am) • ILlegalyGrowing (Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:19 am) • Elijah Growz (Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:10 am) • Treetrunk (Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:29 am) • MommaB (Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:02 pm) • anova.330 (Tue May 25, 2021 4:23 pm)

Return to “General Growers & Cannabis Discussion”