Poker Tournament Sunday 1st Nov

Over 200 competitions a year from SeedStockers!
olmacca

Re: Poker Tournament Sunday 1st Nov

Post by olmacca »

Mrs Beefheart wrote:
Elijahgrowz wrote:
Mrs Beefheart wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:27 pm
Thanks everyone for tonite
Ok next week I will be definitely going back to a 6 week tournament , played with the point system we used to do , so there will b no weekly winner of seeds , there will b an over all winner every 6 weeks , I’ll get a new thread up early this week
Oh sounds interesting
I really don’t think seeds need to b on offer every week , there’s so many won with other comps and it’s makes it a little more interesting on points
What happens when someone draws in total points, is it gonna rollover? And also if the forum is giving out seeds on other daily comps why not a seeds pack for every poker when it's only on once a week? If we are doing a 6 week tournament as to a Sunday tournament I think the prize should also be increased to keep it interesting!

On another note: I hope the decision to change to points has nothing to do with recent events on the poker table! Or me and uncleT winning most of the games since we joined the poker! It almost feels like we are being penalised for winning! My opinion. Peace

The future is brighter when we stand together...

These users thanked the author olmacca for the post (total 3):
Inactive account (Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:23 pm) • Elijah Growz (Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:25 pm) • uncleT (Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:50 pm)

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Poker Tournament Sunday 1st Nov

Post by Inactive account »

olmacca wrote:
Mrs Beefheart wrote:
Elijahgrowz wrote:
Oh sounds interesting
I really don’t think seeds need to b on offer every week , there’s so many won with other comps and it’s makes it a little more interesting on points
What happens when someone draws in total points, is it gonna rollover? And also if the forum is giving out seeds on other daily comps why not a seeds pack for every poker when it's only on once a week? If we are doing a 6 week tournament as to a Sunday tournament I think the prize should also be increased to keep it interesting!

On another note: I hope the decision to change to points has nothing to do with recent events on the poker table! Or me and uncleT winning most of the games since we joined the poker! It almost feels like we are being penalised for winning! My opinion. Peace

Good gosh no lol defo not because your winning lol if u look back at old poker games this was how it was run , I sort of let it slip into weekly games with so much going on , we never had a draw when I used points before but now you’ve mentioned it I’ll sort out something in the rules when I put it up later
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post (total 2):
olmacca (Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:37 pm) • Elijah Growz (Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:37 pm)

olmacca

Post by olmacca »

Mrs Beefheart wrote:
olmacca wrote:
Mrs Beefheart wrote: I really don’t think seeds need to b on offer every week , there’s so many won with other comps and it’s makes it a little more interesting on points

Good gosh no lol defo not because your winning lol if u look back at old poker games this was how it was run , I sort of let it slip into weekly games with so much going on , we never had a draw when I used points before but now you’ve mentioned it I’ll sort out something in the rules when I put it up later
We had good summer run still! I do have concerns as not everyone will be able to participate on all 6 games! Also, What about increasing the prize since there will be 6 games per tournament!

These users thanked the author olmacca for the post:
Inactive account (Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:50 pm)

Inactive account
Inactive Account

olmacca wrote:
Mrs Beefheart wrote:
olmacca wrote: What happens when someone draws in total points, is it gonna rollover? And also if the forum is giving out seeds on other daily comps why not a seeds pack for every poker when it's only on once a week? If we are doing a 6 week tournament as to a Sunday tournament I think the prize should also be increased to keep it interesting!

We had good summer run still! I do have concerns as not everyone will be able to participate on all 6 games! Also, What about increasing the prize since there will be 6 games per tournament!

Yes sometimes ppl can’t play every week that’s just life hun , we only started poker for a bit of light fun nothing serious , as for the prize changing I feel it would b unfair to put a big prize , we have so many on offer as it is
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post:
olmacca (Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:04 am)

uncleT

Post by uncleT »

Mrs Beefheart wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:56 pm
olmacca wrote:
Mrs Beefheart wrote: Good gosh no lol defo not because your winning lol if u look back at old poker games this was how it was run , I sort of let it slip into weekly games with so much going on , we never had a draw when I used points before but now you’ve mentioned it I’ll sort out something in the rules when I put it up later

Yes sometimes ppl can’t play every week that’s just life hun , we only started poker for a bit of light fun nothing serious , as for the prize changing I feel it would b unfair to put a big prize , we have so many on offer as it is
I must admit that I agree with @olmacca view, 6 sessions seems a drag and like we splitting a comp by 6 sessions, specially as these sessions consume Sunday evening, I dont see how that makes it more interesting as you have to wait for 6 games to know who is going to win, perhaps a bigger prize would make it more interesting but still a massive commitment.

When there's not much at stake at poker is just not as much fun and what if someone has a 3 win lead (or enough points to win) by session 4, no one will attend session 5 and 6.

But hey just my opinion, happy to be proven otherwise!
These users thanked the author uncleT for the post (total 2):
Inactive account (Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:27 pm) • olmacca (Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:04 am)

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

It started as just a bit of fun, then the league came into play with a BONUS of a prize at the end. Never was meant as a weekly comp, I haven't been able to play in a while due to personal obligations of late but prefer it the way it was before a weekly prize. There are a ton of other ways to win seeds what other site is as generous between seeds, tents, and lights as this.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post (total 3):
Inactive account (Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:43 pm) • olmacca (Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:04 am) • Elijah Growz (Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:40 am)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

uncleT

Post by uncleT »

sageridder wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:13 pm
It started as just a bit of fun, then the league came into play with a BONUS of a prize at the end. Never was meant as a weekly comp, I haven't been able to play in a while due to personal obligations of late but prefer it the way it was before a weekly prize. There are a ton of other ways to win seeds what other site is as generous between seeds, tents, and lights as this.
Hey I am not saying the site is not generous with other comps and the anniversary prizes were insanely cool.

But I dont see any other comp here where ppl compete just for fun, I mean we have a caption this and another comp for the best caption this and a few other formats, if you want to play for fun you should be able to play at anytime but if you turn into a league it is just natural to expect a prize. Specially given the time commitment to complete a league.

Tbh I didnt try the format before so I am a bit biased! But good to know others here prefer the old format :puff puff:
These users thanked the author uncleT for the post:

Inactive account
Inactive Account

uncleT wrote:
Mrs Beefheart wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:56 pm
olmacca wrote:We had good summer run still! I do have concerns as not everyone will be able to participate on all 6 games! Also, What about increasing the prize since there will be 6 games per tournament!

I must admit that I agree with @olmacca view, 6 sessions seems a drag and like we splitting a comp by 6 sessions, specially as these sessions consume Sunday evening, I dont see how that makes it more interesting as you have to wait for 6 games to know who is going to win, perhaps a bigger prize would make it more interesting but still a massive commitment.

When there's not much at stake at poker is just not as much fun and what if someone has a 3 win lead (or enough points to win) by session 4, no one will attend session 5 and 6.

But hey just my opinion, happy to be proven otherwise!
Hi uncle I can see everyone’s opinion but again I’m sorry , it was started as a bit of fun , different players popped in over the 6 week period and the prizes didn really matter to anyone because of the other comps we ran it’s my bad for leaving it run so long as a weekly seed comp it was never intended to be like that just a bit of lite relief of ppl that like playing poker

Inactive account
Inactive Account

sageridder wrote:It started as just a bit of fun, then the league came into play with a BONUS of a prize at the end. Never was meant as a weekly comp, I haven't been able to play in a while due to personal obligations of late but prefer it the way it was before a weekly prize. There are a ton of other ways to win seeds what other site is as generous between seeds, tents, and lights as this.
Yes you need to come back lol

Inactive account
Inactive Account

uncleT wrote:
sageridder wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:13 pm
Hey I am not saying the site is not generous with other comps and the anniversary prizes were insanely cool.

But I dont see any other comp here where ppl compete just for fun, I mean we have a caption this and another comp for the best caption this and a few other formats, if you want to play for fun you should be able to play at anytime but if you turn into a league it is just natural to expect a prize. Specially given the time commitment to complete a league.

Tbh I didnt try the format before so I am a bit biased! But good to know others here prefer the old format :puff puff:
the poker table is always there if you want to play for fun in case u didn know , you can always give a shout in chat if you fancy a game anytime I’m sure there b a couple of members around would like a game on the spur of the moment

Return to “SeedStockers Competitions”