Poker Tournament Sunday 1st Nov

Over 200 competitions a year from SeedStockers!
olmacca

Re: Poker Tournament Sunday 1st Nov

Post by olmacca »

Elijahgrowz wrote:Personally we need to change the blinds I can't sit there all night playing 50-100 an hour and a half in, raise it to 300 people fold straight away even with 15k siting in pots, long and tedious for me once the blinds and structure is possibly changed I will play more, as [mention]olmacca[/mention] found out the other night I get bored and literally gave away about 12k chips .
I couldn't agree more! I've been a victim of it in the past too! Felt frustrated because was fed up of other player betting when they had the strongest hand only! Anytime I raised he folded! I guess I've learned my lesson. My opinion peace

The future is brighter when we stand together...

These users thanked the author olmacca for the post (total 2):
Inactive account (Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:47 pm) • Elijah Growz (Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:56 pm)

olmacca

Post by olmacca »

sageridder wrote:
olmacca wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:50 am
sageridder wrote:what other site is as generous between seeds, tents, and lights as this.
I keep reading this! Like is some badge of honour! Bro go check my Instagram please! I've won more prizes this weekend than 3 months in GR420

I am proud of what this site offers both in prizes and beyond. I guess you and I are here for different reasons then, congrats on your winnings. :clap:
I never said anything about the prizes on offer, merely stated a fact! If I didn't want to win the prizes in this forum I would not be here! I honestly don't know what are your reasons to be in the forum, and is not for me to judge your reasons. Just my opinion. Peace

These users thanked the author olmacca for the post:
Inactive account (Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:47 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

olmacca wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:44 pm
sageridder wrote:
olmacca wrote:
I keep reading this! Like is some badge of honour! Bro go check my Instagram please! I've won more prizes this weekend than 3 months in GR420

I am proud of what this site offers both in prizes and beyond. I guess you and I are here for different reasons then, congrats on your winnings. :clap:
I never said anything about the prizes on offer, merely stated a fact! If I didn't want to win the prizes in this forum I would not be here! I honestly don't know what are your reasons to be in the forum, and is not for me to judge your reasons. Just my opinion. Peace

@olmacca i think the point of the matter is its a cannabis growing forum. All competitions are a bonus. Ive seen on Instagram you can win many prizes in a weekend, but from how many different companies. We dont need to do the competitions. The dream for us has always been to have our members growing good strains with good equipment for free. This is becoming a reality as the months role by.

Poker, boxing, monthly madness, Friday nights, 90% of the competitions have nothing to do with growing so are a bonus. People take time out of their lives, people with jobs, kids, real life issues to make these prizes available. This poker software cost money on its own, its here as a additional feature for people to enjoy should they wish to, its not here to even be a competition. Many seem to enjoy it so we chuck prizes at it.

I think everyone needs to think about the time and dedication it takes to run this many competitions from normal folk who are doing it for the love of the community.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 4):
Elijah Growz (Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:58 pm) • Point 5 (Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:58 pm) • Inactive account (Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:13 pm) • Wayne36 (Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:41 pm)

olmacca

Post by olmacca »

Point 5 wrote:
olmacca wrote:
sageridder wrote:what other site is as generous between seeds, tents, and lights as this.

I'm sorry but please stop this now.

You win alot on insta and fair play to you for putting the effort in.

Just this comment alone make it look like you are only after prizes. I'm sure this isnt the case but when looking at your posts they are mainly in comps and not in the growing area.

On this forum we dont keep when we are sent and in some cases we have added to prizes out of our own pockets. Many forums dont run the comps we do and if they do they are asking for postage costs, we dont do that either.

TBH anyone asking for bigger prizes when there are already bigger prizes out there to be won seems rude.
When is like the 5th or 6th time someone said that to me! It did felt like I am only here for the prizes! I'm not even gonna lie I am a competitive person and like to win. Don't you like to win?
Also, not once did I suggest or implied anyone keeps anything from the forum!

And Tbh I only suggested that if changing from one game per tournament to a 6 game per tournament the prize was reflect accordingly!

Hope this clears any misunderstanding. Peace

These users thanked the author olmacca for the post (total 2):
Inactive account (Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:13 pm) • Keeno (Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:21 pm)

olmacca

Post by olmacca »

Keeno wrote:
olmacca wrote:
sageridder wrote: I am proud of what this site offers both in prizes and beyond. I guess you and I are here for different reasons then, congrats on your winnings. :clap:

[mention]olmacca[/mention] i think the point of the matter is its a cannabis growing forum. All competitions are a bonus. Ive seen on Instagram you can win many prizes in a weekend, but from how many different companies. We dont need to do the competitions. The dream for us has always been to have our members growing good strains with good equipment for free. This is becoming a reality as the months role by.

Poker, boxing, monthly madness, Friday nights, 90% of the competitions have nothing to do with growing so are a bonus. People take time out of their lives, people with jobs, kids, real life issues to make these prizes available. This poker software cost money on its own, its here as a additional feature for people to enjoy should they wish to, its not here to even be a competition. Many seem to enjoy it so we chuck prizes at it.

I think everyone needs to think about the time and dedication it takes to run this many competitions from normal folk who are doing it for the love of the community.
I know it can feel like I am having a go at the forum and I understand as the Admin of the forum you will feel like I am having a dig at you! But that is totally the contrary! I do like it here and wanna help it grow and be part of this community. Again I only mention my winnings on the Gram as I felt frustrated with kept being told that same line! Honestly I can only apologise for my rant, but put yourself in my shoes mate.

On the other day in the chat, I was encouraged to speak up as a member of the forum. Maybe I am speaking too much?!

Peace

These users thanked the author olmacca for the post (total 3):
Inactive account (Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:14 pm) • Keeno (Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:21 pm) • Elijah Growz (Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:22 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

olmacca wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:07 pm
Keeno wrote:
olmacca wrote:

@olmacca i think the point of the matter is its a cannabis growing forum. All competitions are a bonus. Ive seen on Instagram you can win many prizes in a weekend, but from how many different companies. We dont need to do the competitions. The dream for us has always been to have our members growing good strains with good equipment for free. This is becoming a reality as the months role by.

I know it can feel like I am having a go at the forum and I understand as the Admin of the forum you will feel like I am having a dig at you! But that is totally the contrary! I do like it here and wanna help it grow and be part of this community. Again I only mention my winnings on the Gram as I felt frustrated with kept being told that same line! Honestly I can only apologise for my rant, but put yourself in my shoes mate.

On the other day in the chat, I was encouraged to speak up as a member of the forum. Maybe I am speaking too much?!

Peace

I dont think you are having a go at me. Im just pointing out that if we stopped 90% of the competitions tomorrow we would still be doing more than most and 90% of the competitions have nothing to do with what the forum is about. Everyone is entitled to a opinion, its a forum but that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it.

I dont think people really know what actually goes into the amount we giveaway and the amount of time it takes. We are talking days a week. Days a week for something thats a bonus on top of the work we have to do to keep this place improving. There are no ulterior motives to what we do, its plain to see, we do it to give growers the tools to grow. 2 times this week ive seen arguing over competitions that are a bonus. The first was over something clearly stated in the rules of the competition, the other is in here over another bonus competition. Its not needed. The comps are here to give people free stuff, not to cause agro.

Everyone can have a say mate, but if someone wants to give up their time to run a competition and pay for prizes for a competition we should let them run them how they want. Without poker there will be another 50+ ways to win seeds this month.

Its a cannabis forum with the added bonus of winning a lot of free stuff for a bit of fun, not as a set rule.

Again you can speak up, as can anyone in reply, thats the point of a forum. I am not here shooting you down, im merely replying to the facts you are presenting me.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Elijah Growz (Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:22 pm)

uncleT

Post by uncleT »

Elijahgrowz wrote:Personally we need to change the blinds I can't sit there all night playing 50-100 an hour and a half in, raise it to 300 people fold straight away even with 15k siting in pots, long and tedious for me once the blinds and structure is possibly changed I will play more, as [mention]olmacca[/mention] found out the other night I get bored and literally gave away about 12k chips .
I sympathise with that as I have been in that position myself too!

One option is to have a game Etiquette with the rule that blinds double every so often, say 30min for example and players are expected to oblige. Something for @Mrs Beefheart to consider!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author uncleT for the post (total 2):
Inactive account (Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:17 pm) • Elijah Growz (Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:19 pm)

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

uncleT wrote:

One option is to have a game Etiquette with the rule that blinds double every so often, say 30min for example and players are expected to oblige. Something for @Mrs Beefheart to consider!

I’m already on to it , it’s being sorted as we speak
These users thanked the author Inactive account for the post (total 2):
Elijah Growz (Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:19 pm) • uncleT (Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:34 pm)

uncleT

Post by uncleT »

Mrs Beefheart wrote:
uncleT wrote:

I’m already on to it , it’s being sorted as we speak
Thanks @Mrs Beefheart

These users thanked the author uncleT for the post:
Inactive account (Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:49 pm)

Return to “SeedStockers Competitions”