Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

ph meter WHAT YOU GOT

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use

bigbadbillybob
Known User

Re: ph meter WHAT YOU GOT

Post by bigbadbillybob »

in the words of Christopher Lambert in the HIghlander film - there can be only one---and its the bluelab.
These users thanked the author bigbadbillybob for the post:
Hydro (Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:04 pm)

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

I've just got this and I've been using it for about a week. So far all I can say is it's bloody brilliant! Super accurate, super fast and easy to calibrate and you can test media and solution all in one :) Not cheap though. Around £250 per unit in the UK but if you already have the combo you can buy the PH probe.

These users thanked the author seymore_budz for the post:
bigbadbillybob (Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:35 pm)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:24 am
Essentials ph meter, change it when it slows down and I get bored of waiting for it to beep... 5 years or so. Last longer if you look after them, hydrating them correctly etc. :oik!:

Bluelab can get fucked in my books. Their EC wand is shit and unable to calibrate. Mine has been out of whack since day one and they just shrugged their shoulders and told me to do the maths in my head if it wasn't calibrated. So it's an expensive stirring stick that flashes blue lights at me when I use it.

:bang head:
I was a newbie and after using it for about a year or 2 I decided to calibrate it. Even then, it wasn't far off! So far so good with my soil grow too. I did consider the bluelab stick thing but it was out of my budget at that point..does look cool and better than my metal drawer runner I use as a stirrer I suppose haha
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Marcus (Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:38 pm)

Hydro
Known User

Post by Hydro »

bigbadbillybob wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:11 am
in the words of Christopher Lambert in the HIghlander film - there can be only one---and its the bluelab.
:i agree:

Post by Guest »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:58 pm
One of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PH-Meter-LCD ... %3A2334524 ive had 2 of same in 5 or 6 years, i dropped otherr in my tank, they certainly aren`t water proof i do know that, works a treat fuck slinging £50 to £100 on summink that i can get at this price does same jobby and just as accurate.

Iff your gonna spend that much Milwauke is said a top brand from your neck of woods. https://milwaukeeinstruments.com/tests/ph/:)
I agree. I spent a tenner on my PH pen and PH buffer 4 and 7 from vitalink. I just prop mine up against a separate tub and clip it to the side, so it sits on its own whilst mixing anything up in there. Just takes a while longer to get your PH.

I wouldn't spend more than 20 quid unless you're a commercial grower living in Michigan or something, then whats the point.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

I use pH paper strips lol, cheap and accurate!
These users thanked the author FX for the post:
Guest (Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:53 pm)

slimsantana

Post by slimsantana »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:24 am
Essentials ph meter, change it when it slows down and I get bored of waiting for it to beep... 5 years or so. Last longer if you look after them, hydrating them correctly etc. :oik!:

Bluelab can get fucked in my books. Their EC wand is shit and unable to calibrate. Mine has been out of whack since day one and they just shrugged their shoulders and told me to do the maths in my head if it wasn't calibrated. So it's an expensive stirring stick that flashes blue lights at me when I use it.

:bang head:
had the same experience with bluelab will never buy another of there products
These users thanked the author slimsantana for the post:
Marcus (Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:03 pm)

slimsantana

Post by slimsantana »

well just ordered the apera so will see if worth the extra cost hopefully be here for weekend , just fed up messing around will probly regret it but its only money lol

Josh
GR420 Leg End

Post by Josh »

DIY.Rik wrote:
2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:58 pm
One of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PH-Meter-LCD ... %3A2334524 ive had 2 of same in 5 or 6 years, i dropped otherr in my tank, they certainly aren`t water proof i do know that, works a treat fuck slinging £50 to £100 on summink that i can get at this price does same jobby and just as accurate.

Iff your gonna spend that much Milwauke is said a top brand from your neck of woods. https://milwaukeeinstruments.com/tests/ph/:)
I agree. I spent a tenner on my PH pen and PH buffer 4 and 7 from vitalink. I just prop mine up against a separate tub and clip it to the side, so it sits on its own whilst mixing anything up in there. Just takes a while longer to get your PH.

I wouldn't spend more than 20 quid unless you're a commercial grower living in Michigan or something, then whats the point.
More expensive ones read out almost instantly, nice to not have to sit 5 minutes for a result

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Josh for the post:
slimsantana (Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:01 pm)

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”