Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

My Cheap Setup to Win A Light!

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
GrowGlow

My Cheap Setup to Win A Light!

Post by GrowGlow »

I buy stuff as cheap as I can find. Unfortunately, eBay or Amazon won't work for me due to exorbitant shipping and tax/duties. Luckily there is a place called China where things are really cheap lol

First off the 4×8×7 Tent with 3000++ diodes, using a 10 inch carbon filter fitted to an 8 inch EC duct fan.

The 5×5×7 with 6 inch carbon filter and fan. Combination of COBs + QBs
ImageImageImage

My trusty dehumidifier. You can see the Chinese words on them buttons lol.

Cheap Fans that i cannot clip on poles. Can only put them on the floor.

When I have to remove one or two small plants due to overcrowding, this extra light makes an appearance. Just chuck the plants and light in a corner outside the Tent.
These users thanked the author GrowGlow for the post (total 6):
Wayne36 (Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:21 pm) • Nanook (Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:15 pm) • Wizard (Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:40 pm) • Mrs Beefheart (Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:34 pm) • Bulls (Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:35 pm) • Cave Hill Cole (Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:45 am)

TTL
Known User

Re: My Cheap Setup to Win A Light!

Post by TTL »

Crafty setup GrowGlow! You don’t seem to be letting the shipping and duties keep you from setting up plenty of grow space. Nice!
These users thanked the author TTL for the post (total 2):
GrowGlow (Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:22 pm) • Wayne36 (Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:22 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Looks like a bloody great cheap set up from here GrowGlow and the plants look in fine fettle, good stuff man.

So where`s all those led come from in first bigger tent ? Cheers :thanks:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
GrowGlow (Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:25 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

GrowGlow

Post by GrowGlow »

TTL wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:20 pm
Crafty setup GrowGlow! You don’t seem to be letting the shipping and duties keep you from setting up plenty of grow space. Nice!
They are as cheap as can be! I get them all direct from manufacturer, ship to my shipper, combine them and ship to my doorsteps. Its a drag and takes a while but worth it imo. If GR420 ever needs my expertise in sourcing, just lemme know!
These users thanked the author GrowGlow for the post (total 3):
TTL (Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:27 pm) • 2-Scoops (Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:28 pm) • Bulls (Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:35 pm)

Hydro
Known User

Post by Hydro »

Cracking looking setup buddy, would not in a million years think it was cheap setup looks proper nice 👍
These users thanked the author Hydro for the post (total 2):
TTL (Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:27 pm) • GrowGlow (Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:29 pm)

TTL
Known User

Post by TTL »

I’m with Hydro as well on the fact that it doesn’t look cheap at all.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post:
GrowGlow (Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:29 pm)

GrowGlow

Post by GrowGlow »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:23 pm
Looks like a bloody great cheap set up from here GrowGlow and the plants look in fine fettle, good stuff man.

Stuff are all top notch. Just not paying any inflated price cos…well I just cannot afford them lol. The leds are all from China. Mix of new and old. COBs are the oldest. QBs are from a few different manufacturers. I'm sticking to one now that i have 100% confidence in terms of authenticity. Resold 80 units to Aussie where they checked diodes with local Samsung rep and it all checks out!
These users thanked the author GrowGlow for the post:
2-Scoops (Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:30 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

GrowGlow wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:28 pm
2-Scoops wrote:

Stuff are all top notch. Just not paying any inflated price cos…well I just cannot afford them lol. The leds are all from China. Mix of new and old. COBs are the oldest. QBs are from a few different manufacturers. I'm sticking to one now that i have 100% confidence in terms of authenticity. Resold 80 units to Aussie where they checked diodes with local Samsung rep and it all checks out!
Give us a link mukka, im all for cheap myself, lets take a ganders at the quantums they are selling ?

The red and uv are those from China too ? link plz :thanks:

So the uv theirs really no need to use it till last 2 or 3 weeks of flowering unless your just having it on a few hours daily. :)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
GrowGlow (Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:51 pm)

GrowGlow

Post by GrowGlow »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:33 pm
GrowGlow wrote:
2-Scoops wrote:

Give us a link mukka, im all for cheap myself, lets take a ganders at the quantums they are selling ?

So the uv theirs really no need to use it till last 2 or 3 weeks of flowering unless your just having it on a few hours daily. :)
Alibaba would be your best bet I believe. Like I said, I go direct to the manufacturers. They all ship to the same address in China, to my shipper. The shipper then combines all that i ordered and ships them to me. I pay them all in local currency. I'm able to do this as I've spent time running my own business there and can speak the language fluently. I wish it was a simple as sharing a link.

Also, security is a real concern for me. Prohibition land. So it's best I don't go into too much details.
These users thanked the author GrowGlow for the post:
2-Scoops (Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:45 am)

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

2-Scoops wrote:
GrowGlow wrote:
2-Scoops wrote:

I've bought stuff from China and got it no problems and no charges.
If you do get stung it's 20% vat and 2.5% import duties.
Even if you do get charged there's still plenty of bargains.
Most of the companies have English speaking customer service.
Most stuff seems to take 10 to 14 days for delivery.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post (total 2):
GrowGlow (Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:50 am) • 2-Scoops (Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:46 am)

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”