Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Pot size for 60 x 60 sea of green

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Tictok
Known User

Pot size for 60 x 60 sea of green

Post by Tictok »

Hi All

It's a long way off in my grow but what would be the best pot size for a sea of green in a 60 x 60 tent?

I love using air pots in grows but not sure if it would make much difference using fabric pots or just plain plastic ones?

I'll be using Clover multipurpose and biobizz organic nutrients (because that's all I've got).

Is there a law of diminishing returns for yield if you pack them in? The plan was to get as many in there and just grow one cola in each.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tictok

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Pot size for 60 x 60 sea of green

Post by 2-Scoops »

For one plant lets say a 20 liter pot but at least 15liter if doing 4 plants then maybe 10 to 12 liters. :)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

I'd say as many 6 as you can fit 😂 all trial and error tho and depends on when you inte d flipping them to flower :)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Hey 👋

I’m gonna say 10l airpots would be ideal, I use those even in my 1.2 spaces. They can dry out pretty quickly in coco so you do have to man manage them a little more. However in soil again I would choose 10l but I would then generally use a fabric pot they will allow you for more in certainly but again More of a less can be more kind of guy

Just my thoughts

Cheers

Smokes
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Thanks all, good advice.

My newbie brain was thinking get clones rooted in the mother tent, then pot up as many as will fit in using smaller 5ltr (or even 3ltr) air pots, veg for just a week then flip. This will be in soil.

Appreciate they will probably need daily watering but the goal is to get a real sog going, maybe 12pots meaning 12 colas.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree? I don't want to run into nutrient issues with such a small root base.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Tictok wrote:Thanks all, good advice.

My newbie brain was thinking get clones rooted in the mother tent, then pot up as many as will fit in using smaller 5ltr (or even 3ltr) air pots, veg for just a week then flip. This will be in soil.

Appreciate they will probably need daily watering but the goal is to get a real sog going, maybe 12pots meaning 12 colas.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree? I don't want to run into nutrient issues with such a small root base.

My advice is that the more you take on the more troubles/difficulties you could potentially run into especially as growing in soil. Soil can be difficult to rectify before real issues set in. Have you considered less plants with a slightly longer veg time ??

12 plants in a 60x60 does sound rather hectic pal I personally wouldn’t consider anything over 4 in a space like that we have to consider air flow and ventilation etc that’s a lot of foliage in very compact space. There are numerous ways to improve yields have you looked into super cropping or some LST work (low stress training) for example you could potentially produce a single plant with 12 colas with a little bit of training fella

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Smokey wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:17 pm
Tictok wrote:Thanks all, good advice.

My advice is that the more you take on the more troubles/difficulties you could potentially run into especially as growing in soil. Soil can be difficult to rectify before real issues set in. Have you considered less plants with a slightly longer veg time ??

12 plants in a 60x60 does sound rather hectic pal I personally wouldn’t consider anything over 4 in a space like that we have to consider air flow and ventilation etc that’s a lot of foliage in very compact space. There are numerous ways to improve yields have you looked into super cropping or some LST work (low stress training) for example you could potentially produce a single plant with 12 colas with a little bit of training fella

You are totally right Smokey. I think I was opening myself up for a bunch of beginner mistakes.
Less clones, veg for longer with some lst etc. I think is the way forward.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

I honestly think that’s the way forward for you especially in the early days pal.

Also............

Have you thought about requesting a dedicated mentor to help assist you throughout buddy ? We have a fantastic team around us I’m sure If you put in a request someone will be more than happy offer a helping hand. Take all the stress out we’ll some lol learn along the way and then fly the so called mentor nest whenever you feel you ready

We have a mentor request section if you pop in there and have a browse it may be something worth considering I have attached a link for you dude

mentor-request-thread-612

ATB

Smokes
These users thanked the author Smokey for the post:
trid (Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:58 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Can I ask if we are talking inches or cm please

60x60 cm I would seriously only recommend 1 plant

If your talking inches (1.5x1.5m) then get rocking with 4 big ass healthy girls imho. Maybe throw a couple autos in the corners to tide ya over till the main 4 are done buddy

But I think smokey has covered most everything else mate

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Smokey wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:35 pm
I honestly think that’s the way forward for you especially in the early days pal.

Also............

Have you thought about requesting a dedicated mentor to help assist you throughout buddy ? We have a fantastic team around us I’m sure If you put in a request someone will be more than happy offer a helping hand. Take all the stress out we’ll some lol learn along the way and then fly the so called mentor nest whenever you feel you ready

We have a mentor request section if you pop in there and have a browse it may be something worth considering I have attached a link for you dude

mentor-request-thread-612

ATB

Smokes
That's a good idea, I think I'll do that. I'm slightly taken aback by the friendliness and help offered on this forum. I would normally keep myself to myself with these things, but a mentor sounds like it might be a good idea.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”