Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Pot size for 60 x 60 sea of green

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Tictok
Known User

Re: Pot size for 60 x 60 sea of green

Post by Tictok »

GMO wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:43 pm
Can I ask if we are talking inches or cm please

60x60 cm I would seriously only recommend 1 plant

If your talking inches (1.5x1.5m) then get rocking with 4 big ass healthy girls imho. Maybe throw a couple autos in the corners to tide ya over till the main 4 are done buddy

But I think smokey has covered most everything else mate

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

Hey GMO, that would be cm, but I've got two tents the same size due to the awkward space I'm using.
The plan was originally to keep two mothers in one tent (sherbet and RQS Northern Lights as my age is making me a bit old school!), then take clones to flower in the other tent that has the invisible sun light in it.

So you reckon just one plant, that would definitely be easier in a big pot with some topping/lst I guess.

As an aside, I learnt about this forum from the cheap home grow podcast that I believe you contributed to. I got loads of advice from that, thank you!

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Tictok wrote:
GMO wrote:

If your talking inches (1.5x1.5m) then get rocking with 4 big ass healthy girls imho. Maybe throw a couple autos in the corners to tide ya over till the main 4 are done buddy

Hey GMO, that would be cm, but I've got two tents the same size due to the awkward space I'm using.
The plan was originally to keep two mothers in one tent (sherbet and RQS Northern Lights as my age is making me a bit old school!), then take clones to flower in the other tent that has the invisible sun light in it.

So you reckon just one plant, that would definitely be easier in a big pot with some topping/lst I guess.

As an aside, I learnt about this forum from the cheap home grow podcast that I believe you contributed to. I got loads of advice from that, thank you!
That's me buddy gonna make me blush. But thanks

Yeah if you have 2 60x60cm spaces, I'd plan like you are but reduce your planned number of flowering plants. 2 small, well trimmed mums and a couple clones of each should be fine in 60x60... even if it does seem a little crowded at times. But that small amount of rooting time and vegging while your other 60x60 is flower 1 plant will really help to reduce time between flipping plants, but will also provide the next generation a better start than rooting and flipping too quickly

I hope that makes sense, if I've skimmed an area youd like yo discuss further, just lemme know bud

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

GMO wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:11 pm
Tictok wrote:
GMO wrote:

That's me buddy gonna make me blush. But thanks

Yeah if you have 2 60x60cm spaces, I'd plan like you are but reduce your planned number of flowering plants. 2 small, well trimmed mums and a couple clones of each should be fine in 60x60... even if it does seem a little crowded at times. But that small amount of rooting time and vegging while your other 60x60 is flower 1 plant will really help to reduce time between flipping plants, but will also provide the next generation a better start than rooting and flipping too quickly

I hope that makes sense, if I've skimmed an area youd like yo discuss further, just lemme know bud

Makes perfect sense GMO, thank you. Also makes things a lot easier too. I didn't actually think of running two different strains in flower but that would be great.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”