Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Invisible Sun ISH3R and seedlings

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Tictok
Known User

Invisible Sun ISH3R and seedlings

Post by Tictok »

Hi All

First proper post after the introduction post.

I have an ISH3R in a 60 x 60 x 150 tent.

The light is currently around 80cm above a couple of photoperiod seedlings and I have the dimmer turned down to just off the lowest setting.

Would anyone have any experience if this light and Seedlings? I k iw ideally I should have cfls but I'm hoping I can use the ish3r instead.

One seedling started to stretch (sunset sherbet) while the other NL isn't stretching much at all.

I appreciate the challenge of having two different strains but could anyone advise what wattage the ISH 3R puts out at the lower settings and what setting/height is ok for seedlings?

Additionaly, when they get into Veg, can I just crank it up to full or is that the reserve of the flowering stage?

Any advice would be much appreciated

All the best
Tictok

Nanook
Respected Member

Re: Invisi le Sun ISH3R and seedlings

Post by Nanook »

I have seen GMO, Keeno and Bulls have issues even on lowest with invis panels on seedlings - I personally didnt have issues - possibly lucky and I dont grow in a tent so maybe just less light. It sounds a lot of light for a 60x60 - what watts is the light drawing at lowest?
ohh god, inlaws arrived.... sorry better go :(
Also I wouldnt use full whack till flower. youd be amazed how little you need on veg.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Many thanks Nanook, I'll get it in the lowest setting and hope for the best. I'll have to pick up one of those wattage meters for the plug so I can work it out.

Good luck with the I laws, always a joy (we'll mine are anyway!).

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Mmmmm I'm saying nothing... We have 4 generations here ATM and I'm off the drink and weed 😖😭

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Nanook of the north wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:26 pm
Mmmmm I'm saying nothing... We have 4 generations here ATM and I'm off the drink and weed 😖😭
Blimey. May the force be with you!

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

One just commented on my dog. There's quite an atmosphere here after telling her the dog means more to me than her and she can happily fuck off 😂😂😂

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Ah, those special family relationships, can't live with them, can't kill them! .
My mother in law is a full on narcissist, I've not plucked up the courage to tell her to fuck off yet! It will happen though.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Pmfsl, mines had it a few times tbh but as much as I hate to admit it we are quite similar that way.

Tictok
Known User

Re: Invisible Sun ISH3R and seedlings

Post by Tictok »

Nanook of the north wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:33 pm
I have seen GMO, Keeno and Bulls have issues even on lowest with invis panels on seedlings - I personally didnt have issues - possibly lucky and I dont grow in a tent so maybe just less light. It sounds a lot of light for a 60x60 - what watts is the light drawing at lowest?
ohh god, inlaws arrived.... sorry better go :(
Also I wouldnt use full whack till flower. youd be amazed how little you need on veg.
Here's a small update;

I turned down the ISH3R to its lowest setting and both the photo Seedlings starting performing much better, the hanging height is 80cm. I also have 2 x 7.5ltr airpots containing sprouted auto seeds that had not broke surface yet (auto brooklyn sunrise from Dutch Passion).

Now these pots are a good six inches closer to the light and today when I found two baby shoots, I noticed that the most developed one had signs of light stress, I think. The edges seemed a little brown. I'm not sure how to upload photos here without them containing unwanted meta data.

So the plan will be to fire up my old trusty Kingbo 300w (120w actual) and stick the baby autos in the second 60x60 tent until they are big enough to take the light.

While this sounds negative, I have really high hopes for the ISH3R. If I'm on the lowest setting the that gives me loads of room to play with come flower time. To be fair I knew this was going to be a tad strong for seedlings, but it's been fun working it out.

Thinking about it, I had the photos still in a propagator with the lid on so perhaps this diffused the light a little?

Onwards and upwards..

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Slight change of plan, I've put two halves of a 5ltre water bottle over the new shoots, sprayed some water inside and will see how this fairs. It might diffuse the light a little. Time will tell.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”