Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

CO2/Nitrogen injection?

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Hillbilly_Bo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

CO2/Nitrogen injection?

Post by Hillbilly_Bo »

First time indoor grower,,,,Although I have grown outdoors for many years (I'm in my 60s)

I have a small 6ft X 6ft fully enclosed grow room 2000 watt LED grow lights, Ventilation, Circulation, Video monitored, Humidity controlled, Prismatic foil backed bubble wrap "wallpaper" Rabbit manure/Miracle Grow medium I have used outdoors with good results for decades.

Have I forgotten any aspects of plant growth?

Anyway,,,,,,,,My wife has severe COPD and is on O2 24/7/365,,,,,,,The O2 concentrator puts out an exhaust of CO2/Nitrogen

I was hoping someone could explain the benefits that would be gained from ducting the concentrator's exhaust into the grow room and if the results would be worth it.

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Keeno
Site Admin

Re: CO2/Nitrogen injection?

Post by Keeno »

Welcome to GR420 Hillbilly Bo. I spoke to you earlier, I've never used Co2 so cant comment but I'm sure one someone will soon.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Welcome to the forum :)
Sounds like youve got most things covered. I have never used CO2 personally, but I believe it can be utilized esp with LED and higher temps. My personal opinion though is its dangerous and unnecessary. Each to their own tho :)
Some people seem to run a % - ppm of the air in the room, others flood the room ( hence suffocation danger ) at set intervals but I couldnt tell you how frequent.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Hello and welcome to the forum. As i believe you onow co2 will help your plants create more energy BUT only if you habe enough light for that. Commercial growers use tgey use shit lots of light but for us, personal growers, is not really needed.
I have no idea how you can link that machine of yours and how much you will need but i doubt the final result will be much different.

Hillbilly_Bo

Post by Hillbilly_Bo »

This question is mostly because of already having an oxygen separator supplying nitrogen/CO2 running 24/7 from it's exhaust, I know I will need to monitor PPM in the growroom but I have no idea what an optimal mixture would be. As far as dangerous,,,,The exhaust flow runs straight out into the house now so it would actually be safer if utilized in the grow room. I'll post some pictures of the grow room as soon as I have some time to figure out how. When I started constructing the room I put a few experimental plants in (sweet basil, sage, cilantro, etc) They are all doing quite well and I have 4 baby cannabis now started and looking VERY healthy.

I will be growing for both THC and CBD content plants, So any advice at this point is MUCH appreciated. First time in an actual grow room inside although several years ago I did a grow in the basement,,,,,,,I hope to avoid the stench that created with the charcoal filters installed.

I do have a medical card and cultivation license so no worries there

Inactive account
Inactive Account

Post by Inactive account »

hi and welcome along to the growroom :dance:

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Im going to be honest and say this idea is well beyond me but extremely interesting. Can I see what the separator looks like and the groom?
This could be one of the best grows seen here :)

Hillbilly_Bo

Post by Hillbilly_Bo »

I am just hoping for a decent indoor crop to begin with, I've only grown indoors once before and that was in a chilly basement using florescents, I did end up with about 1/4lb of clean bud from that one but with my travel schedule at the time I was gone as much as I was at home and didn't really care for the plants. Now,,,,Outdoors? I can garden, hahaha

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

lol youl do fine. Get a diary up with pics of setup etc and people will help but tbh - I doubt you will need much :)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

What make and model is your LED light buddy?

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”