Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

viper cf

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

viper cf

Post by 2-Scoops »

So i see quite a few of you guys have been using the viper carbon filter, well i`m looking to buy a new cf asap and have always used the rhino pro filters which ive never had any problems with smells in years of growing it`s generally on more or less constantly running for 2 years + sometimes and stink free. Now i know it`s said if it`s not broke don`t fix it but i`m a tight git and these viper filters are cheaper than the rhino pro, so with that in mind i got a question or few to ask you viper cf users

How long have you been using them now ?

does it stink proof the groom ?

Cheers guys. :)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Re: viper cf

Post by The Aspie Toker »

I've heard nothing but good things about Viper CFs. I have heard of bad things about Rhino. Apparently the quality has dropped. I am thinking of getting a Viper when I need to change mine.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Vipers are as good if not better than the old rhinos before the bad batches :) very happy with mine :)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Always used to have a rhino pro then i started notice smell leaks as you might call them. I swapped to the 8" viper in my tent and never noticed any smells for the 2 grows i used it for. The only reason i did not use it further was that it would not fit in my cupboard. I brought a rhino hobby as quick fix at the time its been in there over 2 years and still no smell leaks, although i have noticed the temps get harder to control prob due to the amount of dust it has collected.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Im in the same boat as k bag, always used rhino pro but the last 2-3 years 1 after another has been failing far earlier than it should. Im also noticing smell leaks that then go away then come back. Im in the process of changing all my filters to viper.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I just can`t find any info about them online except a few shops up in northern cities on ebay who stock them, i mean it doesn`t make much difference if you guys are saying they bang on then that`s sound for me. But would ya know who makes them or is their a website to ganders at ? Cheers for speedy replies guys. :)

I`m liking sounds of the rhino hobby filter if you have had it 2 years @Kbag i think they are even cheaper than viper cf. Will decide on summink one way or another this week some time :)
Last edited by 2-Scoops on Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

My rhino pro was also shit.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

jimmi2scoops wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:53 pm
I just can`t find any info about them online except a few shops up in northern cities on ebay who stock them, i mean it doesn`t make much difference if you guys are saying they bang on then that`s sound for me. But would ya know who makes them or is their a website to ganders at ? Cheers for speedy replies guys. :)

I`m liking sounds of the rhino hobby filter if you have had it 2 years @Kbag i think they are even cheaper than viper cf. Will decide on summink one way or another this week some time :)
I believe it is these guys Jimmy.

https://thehydrostore.co.uk/viper-carbo ... -692-c.asp

A email or a call tomorrow will confirm it. I remember talking to them a while ago.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Cheers Keeno. So i was also looking at these hurricane fans otherday for siomple reason they move x2 as much air as my current system air RVK fan, so im wondering iff anyone uses thm as well cus i just wanted to know if they`re noisey ? Which is a reason why i like system air RVK they`re well quiet in comparison to others ive tried in past, all 2 of them lol. :) https://thehydrostore.co.uk/hurricane-i ... 6810-p.asp

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Keeno wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:47 pm
Im in the same boat as k bag, always used rhino pro but the last 2-3 years 1 after another has been failing far earlier than it should. Im also noticing smell leaks that then go away then come back. Im in the process of changing all my filters to viper.
I've had my Rhino for over 4 years and it's still going okay. Most of my grows don't stink, which probably helps.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”