Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Additional lighting suggestions

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Herbalist
Bud Of The Year Winner 2022

Additional lighting suggestions

Post by Herbalist »

Sup growmies

I'm looking to add a little extra light to my wardrobe.
Grow space measures: W77cm x D52cm x H137cm
I am currently running a HLG 135QB V2 RSPEC in there which draws 151w from the wall.

I had the B60 from InvisibleSun running alongside it for a short period but i need that in my chest of draws veg box.

What would you guys recommend to add in there? I'm not looking to replace the HLG, just want more but cant afford another one.

Was thinking something along the lines of a mars hydro TS1000 or an A.C.Infinity ionboard s22 type jobby. :idn: Something dimmable. Although, winter is coming so if anyone knows where i can get a dimmable 250w hps ballast for not ridiculous money, that may be worth considdering.
Anyhooo,
What do you think?

Couple pics of my setup for the sake of it.
Extraction of chest of draws goes into the wardrobe intake.Image
ImageImage
Should've got those cobwebs before taking the picture lol.
These users thanked the author Herbalist for the post (total 5):
Dex (Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:25 pm) • duke (Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:36 pm) • biosynthetic (Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:57 am) • Inactive account (Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:03 am) • Wrh (Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:35 am)
Making plans with a stoner is like being with a prostitute. They tell you they’re coming, but you know it’s a lie.

Dex
Known User

Re: Additional lighting suggestions

Post by Dex »

I av a 600w dimmable collecting dust
These users thanked the author Dex for the post:
Herbalist (Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:46 pm)

duke
Respected Member

Post by duke »

you could do worse than talk to our @Forest i highly rate his lights and you can see even his little 120w qb produces lovely bud in a drobe is dimmable if needed,i now have all 3 drobes with his lights and there def a little cheaper to run than 250w hps if you dont have to run a heater as well. good luck
These users thanked the author duke for the post (total 3):
Herbalist (Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:46 pm) • Dex (Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:49 pm) • wutang (Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:13 am)
sussex pet rescue fundraiser https://sussexpetrescue.org
help rescued dogs by donating for good karma and because its nice to give, :thanks:
link to diary viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7385

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

duke wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:40 pm
you could do worse than talk to our @Forest i highly rate his lights and you can see even his little 120w qb produces lovely bud in a drobe is dimmable if needed,i now have all 3 drobes with his lights and there def a little cheaper to run than 250w hps if you dont have to run a heater as well. good luck
Interesting.. who this @Forest be? Love to see what he has to offer. Cheers
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Dex (Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:02 pm)

Wrh
Known User

Post by Wrh »

Great set up mate really impressive, I don't think you need anymore than what you already have, but I have a ts 1000 and I rate it highly especially at the price you can get them for now so I can recommend it. You can get a whole dimmable hps kit with everything really cheap most of the big hydro shops do there own version just ask if they will swap the bulb for the 250 watt. I have to say from what I can see from the hlg boards they take some beating. Hope you find what your looking for
These users thanked the author Wrh for the post (total 2):
duke (Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:52 pm) • Dex (Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:03 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Basically if you looking for any quantum board typo LED, just look at parts being used in them and imo your wanting a minimum of the slightly older lm301b Samsung lighting chip of which the best is said to be the Samsung lm301h or it was last time i looked, which is basically said to be the lm301b rebranded for horticulture, so very little if any difference in them. Theirs very little difference in spec or umol rating in these light chips but any rated 2.7 - 3.0 umol (whatever that means) is up their with best nowadays or very close. Also last i looked Meaningwell drivers were the ones used by lots if not most makers of decent quantum board LED and its said to be one of best buys for money

Last time i also looked the Mars TS range used Samsung lm301b, Spiderfarmer i think also use the lm301b. But im pretty sure Invisible Sun would be using the lm301h chipset as i would also think Forest will do these days too. Tis worth checking that out yourself though to be sure.

This is all info from last time that i really looked and I've not looked at LED specs bits and bats etc for close to 12 months now and shit moves on fast in that market although the parts like chips and drivers used stay very much close to same with lots of top light makers generally using Samsung light chips and Meaningwell drivers and it has been that way for past 5 years or more now. Obviously other stuff comes close but yes make of that what you like, it may well be an outdated opinion by now :lol:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Dex (Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:06 pm) • wutang (Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:25 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”