Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Evolution Digital Fan Speed Controller – Ecotechnics

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
wutang
Known User

Re: Evolution Digital Fan Speed Controller – Ecotechnics

Post by wutang »

Bulls wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:21 am
You can increase the speed yourself if you want but if you have set minimum/maximum temperature and humitity the controller will detect change inf your environment when you open up the tent. What I am saying is the sennsor is collecting info all the time and once you set up the desired humitiy and temperatuer you don't care about the rest...wire up your fan heater, intake, extraction , set minimum and maximum speed of the fans (let'sa say between 33-90%) and the controller will do the rest. It will increase the extraction when needed, or will kick in the heater when neaded..basically you don't care about anything else apart from the first setup
Thanks @Bulls - appreciate that. But what I meant was that when I open the tent, the extraction is likely to slow down, due to the cold air getting inside the tent. What I wanted to do was manually put the extraction up full pelt whilst I feed and the tents open so that odur doeosn't escape, do that make sense? Presumably from what you're saying I'd basically have to edit the settings temporarily and set back again?

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:38 pm
The single fan SMScom digital climate controllers are sound bits of kit for smaller 5 inch fans and don`t cause any humming nioises and are a very fair price too under £50 @wutang I only use extractor and have a passive intake but they also do twin fan types too although ive never used one. 8-)
Have you got a link to this controller please?

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Does anyone use this controller with oil filled rads? I read on some forums that it says not to use them in the manual or its not safe. Would like to know if any of you that have it are using oil rads? Thanks
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
WhIpLaSh (Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:53 pm)

WhIpLaSh

Post by WhIpLaSh »

wutang wrote:Does anyone use this controller with oil filled rads? I read on some forums that it says not to use them in the manual or its not safe. Would like to know if any of you that have it are using oil rads? Thanks
They advise not to use them because they take ages to heat themselves up and then heat the ambient environment but I do know some guys who still use them. I used to use a 2Kw fan heater instead. Fires up quick, heats up quick and then off again...
These users thanked the author WhIpLaSh for the post:
wutang (Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:41 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

WhIpLaSh wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:53 pm
wutang wrote:Does anyone use this controller with oil filled rads? I read on some forums that it says not to use them in the manual or its not safe. Would like to know if any of you that have it are using oil rads? Thanks
They advise not to use them because they take ages to heat themselves up and then heat the ambient environment but I do know some guys who still use them. I used to use a 2Kw fan heater instead. Fires up quick, heats up quick and then off again...
Do you use a diff set up now?

My only concern was around heaters fire risk and some potentially giving off a glow in the dark. But i think @GMO uses the toolstation jobby for tenner so might give it a go. Just need to position it properly I suppose.

I struggle with positioning stuff;

I have a heater, passive intake, eco fan, clip on fan. Would be interesting to know if theres any best practise everyone follows
WhIpLaSh (Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:14 pm)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

best bet is position the heater below a fan but face it towards the wall so it doesnt cook plants but the heat gets moved away quickly. its a lil touchy feely. set it up, com back in and hour and touch and feel if its a worry
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 2):
WhIpLaSh (Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:16 pm) • wutang (Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:41 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

WhIpLaSh

Post by WhIpLaSh »

wutang wrote:
WhIpLaSh wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:53 pm
Do you use a diff set up now?

My only concern was around heaters fire risk and some potentially giving off a glow in the dark. But i think [mention]GMO[/mention] uses the toolstation jobby for tenner so might give it a go. Just need to position it properly I suppose.

I struggle with positioning stuff;

I have a heater, passive intake, eco fan, clip on fan. Would be interesting to know if theres any best practise everyone follows
Same set-up, just live in a different climate now, so less need for the heat. The orange glow (if any) has never caused any hermie issues etc. on any of my previous grows. Just taped over any lights on the heater that tend to blink etc...

Mine is positioned in the opposite corner as my carbon filter so the heat isn't being sucked out as soon as it's generated. I hang it on rope ratchets so I can lift and drop it as the plants grow.
These users thanked the author WhIpLaSh for the post:
wutang (Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:41 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

@WhIpLaSh and @GMO

Thank you both for your input! Its nice to have some tips from people, gets you thinking. Have a smokey evening dudes. Peace
These users thanked the author wutang for the post (total 2):
WhIpLaSh (Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:51 pm) • GMO (Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:54 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

wutang wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:32 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
The single fan SMScom digital climate controllers are sound bits of kit for smaller 5 inch fans and don`t cause any humming nioises and are a very fair price too under £50 @wutang I only use extractor and have a passive intake but they also do twin fan types too although ive never used one. 8-)
Obviously you buying both controller and sensor from drop down menu mate if you purchase one. But i find running that alongside oil filled rad set on around half on built in stat works a treat in my room or i should say it did. It`s best controller ive had tbh for smaller grows.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMSCOM-SMS-M ... Swq~tZS5ge
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
wutang (Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:25 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:53 pm
wutang wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:32 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Obviously you buying both controller and sensor from drop down menu mate if you purchase one. But i find running that alongside oil filled rad set on around half on built in stat works a treat in my room or i should say it did. It`s best controller ive had tbh for smaller grows.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMSCOM-SMS-M ... Swq~tZS5ge
Thanks @2-Scoops
2-Scoops (Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:28 pm)

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”