Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Evolution Digital Fan Speed Controller – Ecotechnics

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
wutang
Known User

Re: Evolution Digital Fan Speed Controller – Ecotechnics

Post by wutang »

I just want to keep my groom warm, but I always seem to make it complicated by overthinking it haha...I accidentally hijacked @Bulls thread thinking it was my own...sorry!

Off to screwfix for a fan heater now, just need a thermostatic controller now - any recommendations on a basic one?

Ukbudz

Post by Ukbudz »

I have the same size space mate and it's heated by a oil rad on a lighthouse wireless thermostat does the job and the rads sat outside the tent with the intake right next to it.

For fans I use a rhino fan controller just a cheap 2 plug thing with a 6" rhino fan which is basically just a rvk fan but black and don't get any fan hum but I think I've just got lucky.

I don't like using fan heaters as they dry the air out too much and can quickly cook leafs if there to close

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:16 pm
wutang wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:47 pm
I just want to keep my groom warm, but I always seem to make it complicated by overthinking it haha...I accidentally hijacked @Bulls thread thinking it was my own...sorry!

Off to screwfix for a fan heater now, just need a thermostatic controller now - any recommendations on a basic one?
Have a google for an "inkbird temperature controller" and just plug an oil rad into it.

It comes on when you set a low limit and goes off when it hits the set high limit.

Been using one for years in a freezing cold garage. No problems. :oik!:
Yeah I've seen those floating around for a while (inkbirds)

I have a 1.5kw oil rad on full wack during lights off and at top of tent Im getting around 17 degrees. Towards canopy its around 15 degrees. So I may possibly need a 2kw heater. The one I have has a built in thermostat dial and thats set to max too.

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Ukbudz wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:48 pm
I have the same size space mate and it's heated by a oil rad on a lighthouse wireless thermostat does the job and the rads sat outside the tent with the intake right next to it.

For fans I use a rhino fan controller just a cheap 2 plug thing with a 6" rhino fan which is basically just a rvk fan but black and don't get any fan hum but I think I've just got lucky.

I don't like using fan heaters as they dry the air out too much and can quickly cook leafs if there to close
Agree in terms of fan heater drying the air. So I'll probs stick to oil rad, just need a more powerful one I think. Are you outdoors or indoors? Having my rad outside my tent in the garage probably won't help haha
These users thanked the author wutang for the post:
Ukbudz (Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:21 pm)

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Allright lads just read back the discussion and I'd say I've had 6'' L1 rvk, 5'' RVk and 8 L1'' rvk and also I've seen 12 tornado wired to the Ecotechnics Controller. The humming comes only if u run under 33% but if 34% never had any issues. I am still using my ecotechnics controller that I bougth 6 years ago for £50 second hand. I got Extraction, Intake and Fan heater wired to it and never touched. That's my personal review of the unit :)
These users thanked the author Bulls for the post (total 3):
wutang (Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:42 pm) • Trex (Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:23 pm) • Ukbudz (Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:20 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

The single fan SMScom digital climate controllers are sound bits of kit for smaller 5 inch fans and don`t cause any humming nioises and are a very fair price too under £50 @wutang I only use extractor and have a passive intake but they also do twin fan types too although ive never used one. 8-)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
MrNice (Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:41 pm) • wutang (Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:12 pm) • Bulls (Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:20 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

2-Scoops wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:38 pm
The single fan SMScom digital climate controllers are sound bits of kit for smaller 5 inch fans and don`t cause any humming nioises and are a very fair price too under £50 @wutang I only use extractor and have a passive intake but they also do twin fan types too although ive never used one. 8-)
Thanks for your input, I'll take a look.
2-Scoops (Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:20 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

I'm going to get myself one of these, if it's rated by the dons in the forum, why not eh? For anyonet that uses quidco, there is 10% cashback on all purchases on eBay, so this can be had for £134 brand new from camgrow hydro shop. cheers @Bulls for the review.

Wu
Bulls (Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:17 am)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

@Bulls is there a manual override, for example crank the extraction up when its feeding time and tents open?

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

You can increase the speed yourself if you want but if you have set minimum/maximum temperature and humitity the controller will detect change inf your environment when you open up the tent. What I am saying is the sennsor is collecting info all the time and once you set up the desired humitiy and temperatuer you don't care about the rest...wire up your fan heater, intake, extraction , set minimum and maximum speed of the fans (let'sa say between 33-90%) and the controller will do the rest. It will increase the extraction when needed, or will kick in the heater when neaded..basically you don't care about anything else apart from the first setup

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”