Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Evolution Digital Fan Speed Controller – Ecotechnics

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Nom
Known User

Re: Evolution Digital Fan Speed Controller – Ecotechnics

Post by Nom »

What was said about the ec fans is correct, a good one like a revolution vector is quiet and i can vouch for that. But noise wise is comparable to a good variac type step controller and rvk (cheap, like the budgie) ec uses less electric though and moves more air. And 50% dimmed is literally half power air movement and leccy usage unlike ac fans on a variac which when stepped does not dim the fan proportionally or use less leccy. You buy your ticket, and take your ride. It all works. Ec fans and controllers cost lots and although the functionality is nice to have it isnt needed and debatable whether its worth it
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
wutang (Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:05 am)

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Dandy Dan wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:48 pm
What was said about the ec fans is correct, a good one like a revolution vector is quiet and i can vouch for that. But noise wise is comparable to a good variac type step controller and rvk (cheap, like the budgie) ec uses less electric though and moves more air. And 50% dimmed is literally half power air movement and leccy usage unlike ac fans on a variac which when stepped does not dim the fan proportionally or use less leccy. You buy your ticket, and take your ride. It all works. Ec fans and controllers cost lots and although the functionality is nice to have it isnt needed and debatable whether its worth it
Thanks @Dandy Dan, yeah man these ECs are out of my budget. Noise levels don't bother me too much as its in an outbuilding and I have acoustic ducting as well so it takes some of the noise out. Loudest things are probabaly my clip on fans.

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Got my controller today!! Wohoo

Just wanted to ask any owners, does your min/max button feel like its not being pressed/making a click when pressing it? The rest of the buttons are good ans you can actually feel like you're registering a key press.

Also does your temp probe have glue around the open ended bit..either someone's got heavy handed with the glue or someone's broken it and fixed it up.

I did buy it new off eBay from a proper shop. Just curious to see if its the same with you guys.

Also do you guys use any rcd plugs to power it up? The circuit its on is rcd protected anyways, but just nice to see how you guys connect it all up.

As mine is going in the garage, I'm thinking of putting it against some loftboard offcuts and drilling it to the wall. If I don't get time its going to remain on the floor.

Peace out
Wu

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

@wutang happy for you mate, but do a prioerer job and mount it like you suggested, you'll thank yourself later
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
wutang (Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:37 pm)

wutang
Known User

Post by wutang »

Hey @Bulls

What's the difference between the heater setting and temperature setting?

I understand that you can set the heater setting to lets say 26c, so if it falls below that it will begin to heat the room until it reaches that temperature.

But then what's the difference with the temperature setting, as presumably that's the max you want the room to reach?

I think I've kind of answered my question whilst typing this. I.e. the temp is max you'd want your room at, and the heater is the minimum setting and kicks in if it gets too cold say at 18c

Min and Max Fan speeds are understandable and Ill tweak that in line with negative pressure.

Hysteresis - I'll have to get my head around.

I'm a week into flowering so want if you could guide me with setting it in line with this I'd appreciate it :)

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”