Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Rik's Sealed Groom In a Room

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use

Re: Rik's Sealed Groom In a Room

Post by Guest »

Captain Beefheart wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:44 pm
fuk me rik just buy 2 tents... put 1 inside the other job done.. :lol: na crack on bach :idn: wtf im on about. :puff puff:
Haha, love it Capt. I did look into large tents but they're quite expensive and also would raise a fee eyebrows just ordering the fker :lol:

....I have a few tents to go in but I will need one or two more for drying and vegging properly on a perpetual set up, but I need to get good at cloning for that 😬
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Post by Guest »

So, at long last after all the hot weather, film shenanigans and all sorts of I interfering tasks that have (apparently to the wife 🤣) were more important than my groom build :idn:

All I need to do is lots of organising and then get it anchored to the floor with some insulation on walls, floor and ceiling.

This is already inside a double garage so I already have a head start on protection from the sun 🌞 and the elements, especially the cold in winter.

Bring it on. I will soon have diaries upon diaries to keep Keeno busy around here again :lol:
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 4):
2-Scoops (Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:41 pm) • Mrs Beefheart (Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:48 pm) • Keeno (Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:18 am) • Stickylemonz (Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:53 pm)

Post by Guest »

Right, I sorted that mess out in there and have layed the floor. I had stripped a carpet or two to be replaced in the house so I had so,e top quality undarlay whoch was just enough to cover the entire floor. I popped into Wickes and picked up a DPM (Damp Proof Membrane) of 12m>2 so that alsoi fit perfectly. I glued this to the floor around the edges and layed the underlay over the top. The concrete underneath has already been painted to seal it.

Now it is starting to feel more cosy. Remember this is in an exsisiting double garage, so at lkeast we have no direct weathering to worry about like water leaks etc..... But the garage does get unbearably hot much like an attic in heat waves. Anyway, I then laid the carpet I had on top, then another thicker layer. The 1st looked like the same carpet my grandparents had, whcih must have been bought in the late 60 or early 70's :lol: I did spray it down for any bugs 1st. But with 2 layers who cares what it looks like. It is giving me a nice protective layer from the cold floor.

I have today started to glue some YBS Insulation around the walls using evo sticmk spray. It is the thin foil stuff with bubbles. Crossed between foil and bubble wrap. It should just be called bubble frap :idn:

I hope to start getting everything in soon so I can install the electrics into the garage wall. Then it is a matter of getting more tents and equipment to fill it :dance:

Lovely jubbly.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
flip (Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:13 am)

Post by Guest »

I will then have my tents laid out over some raised wooden boarding with some lino/vinyl cut outs layed loose on top to protect the floor fron leaks etc....

I will have an area to chill and smoke and also a small bench for microscope work and nutrient mixing etc...... making aerated tea's etc etc....

I am still playing with the thought of stud walling and sectioning some bits off or at least having something to stop light leaks for when I am in there in the day when it is their dark time. (lights out)

Hopefully to be the groom of a lifetime :)
Stickylemonz (Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:55 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Nice one @DIY.Rik. I'm sure the detailed build will help many over the years.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Guest (Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:59 am)

camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Post by camkush »

This looks awesome! Im jealous as fuck pal. Hope all is well
These users thanked the author camkush for the post:
Guest (Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:59 am)
Roll Tide :barmy:
#ProtectDiscord

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

I looked at the thin bubble stuff. It will be cool to see how it does. Defo looks neater than the superquilt 😂
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
camkush (Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:21 am) • Guest (Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:00 am)

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

First off Rik big fan of this build. On a way way way smaller scale 1 of my grow areas shares some similarities so I'd like to share some things I've learned that may translate to things you may want to consider. That concrete floor is a good resource for cooling I'd skip the wooden boards under the tents. In mine in summer I actually put steel weight plates (barbell plates) under the tents drip liner to transfer that cool to the pot bottoms. In winter I remove those and put styrofoam under the leak catch to insulate from the cold floor.
Luv multi tents instead of one bigger grow for 2 reasons, 1 it lets you do some pollen chucking, and if done right protects from accidental seeding if you get a hermi or find a male late. Big fan of it being your hangout space as well because You will create CO2 just being in the space more often than checking the girls. You will however have to consider if you haven't light leaks in your fresh air intakes for each tent. Stretching a pantyhose piece over the duct on the outside will help and keep dust out of the tent somewhat, place your tents so they themselves block your light from you hanging in the shed should also help, have that end in a box with vents of some sort should do the trick. If your gonna play music ect in the shed make sure you have considered sound proofing enough that the shed doesn't become a speaker of sorts. Ehh didn't mean to ramble on kinda high lol looking forward to seeing how the space works out. Cheers

DIY.Rik wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:19 am
I will then have my tents laid out over some raised wooden boarding with some lino/vinyl cut outs layed loose on top to protect the floor fron leaks etc...
These users thanked the author Sage for the post:
Guest (Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:02 am)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

Post by Guest »

Sage wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:42 am
First off Rik big fan of this build. On a way way way smaller scale 1 of my grow areas shares some similarities so I'd like to share some things I've learned that may translate to things you may want to consider. That concrete floor is a good resource for cooling I'd skip the wooden boards under the tents. In mine in summer I actually put steel weight plates (barbell plates) under the tents drip liner to transfer that cool to the pot bottoms. In winter I remove those and put styrofoam under the leak catch to insulate from the cold floor.
Luv multi tents instead of one bigger grow for 2 reasons, 1 it lets you do some pollen chucking, and if done right protects from accidental seeding if you get a hermi or find a male late. Big fan of it being your hangout space as well because You will create CO2 just being in the space more often than checking the girls. You will however have to consider if you haven't light leaks in your fresh air intakes for each tent. Stretching a pantyhose piece over the duct on the outside will help and keep dust out of the tent somewhat, place your tents so they themselves block your light from you hanging in the shed should also help, have that end in a box with vents of some sort should do the trick. If your gonna play music ect in the shed make sure you have considered sound proofing enough that the shed doesn't become a speaker of sorts. Ehh didn't mean to ramble on kinda high lol looking forward to seeing how the space works out. Cheers

DIY.Rik wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:19 am
I will then have my tents laid out over some raised wooden boarding with some lino/vinyl cut outs layed loose on top to protect the floor fron leaks etc...
Nice one 👍

Maybe I'll have to head over to some of your diaries? Check it out. Yeah I want full control over each area for light and temp controls. Also a big drying tent completely separate so I can keep myself a little line of constant supply.

Things are finally looking up and all hard work paying off. After moving house, sorting new transport for work and then building this alongside other issues it's been a roller coaster. Biggest worry is the electrics install. But I can lock everything in the 12m area while they install that in the garage area where I will have a small workshop with a window so I can do little jobs for cars etc...... metal work and some 3D printing. Another side project lol.

I may use my wood 🪵 for something else then. It's having a solid and level floor for the tents I was thinking. Maybe just the lino laid straight out then.
Sage (Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:08 am)

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

Nice work and ideas :oik!: you are going to have a nice space once completed :thanks:
These users thanked the author Greenfingers for the post:
Guest (Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:44 pm)

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”