Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

My Loft Build.

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Re: My Loft Build.

Post by Marcus »

Keeno wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:37 pm
Anyone got ideas for doors?

I thought about cutting the front of my 2.4 x 1.2 tents but tbh i would rather do without zips. Im currently playing with the idea of just using a heavy duty blanket over openings in the studwork up there. I could probably get away with actual doors opening outwards on each grow space but its more weight.
Have a googly for sliding door track, you could just make up a square of studwork filled with kingspan and plasterboarded.

Or two so they slide apart in the middle to save space?

But you do have to video yourself making the Star Trek door opening noises. :oik!:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post (total 2):
Wrh (Sat May 01, 2021 6:44 am) • Guest (Sat May 01, 2021 10:18 am)

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord

Post by Guest »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:23 pm
Keeno wrote:

I thought about cutting the front of my 2.4 x 1.2 tents but tbh i would rather do without zips. Im currently playing with the idea of just using a heavy duty blanket over openings in the studwork up there. I could probably get away with actual doors opening outwards on each grow space but its more weight.
Have a googly for sliding door track, you could just make up a square of studwork filled with kingspan and plasterboarded.

But you do have to video yourself making the Star Trek door opening noises. :oik!:
That's an idea. I'm robbing this for my groom :dance: :lol:

Sliding door, why didn't I think of that.

Now awaiting video too, well excited.

Fill us in on the video when you're done @Keeno
These users thanked the author Guest for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Sat May 01, 2021 11:11 am) • Marcus (Sat May 01, 2021 11:47 am)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Point 5 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:02 pm
This is stupidly exciting!!!

Massive space you going get.
I cant wait :barmy: :barmy: :barmy:
Bulls wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:26 pm
That's gonna be a project and a half! Once done it will be amazing mate. :Stoned: I'd help as much as I can with my poor DIY skills and shitty advice :lol:
Ill teach you like i did when oi taught you how to grow..... :ak:
Momma bear wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:43 pm
Can’t wait to see it all going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks maam.
FX wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:53 am
I did see these when I've been looking at stuff:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lighthouse-Z ... 3036700682
Beats cutting up a perfectly good tent but I have no idea what they are like... Of course, you could go full star trek and have doors that slide open into the wall.....
Cheers @FX
DIY.Rik wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:39 am
Maybe something like this would help?

https://www.univarsc.com/products/zipdo ... b0EALw_wcB
Thanks @DIY.Rik
Wrh wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:39 am
Great thread keeno I'm looking forward to the ventilation plans have fun with the build mate it's been a long time in the planning stages
Cheers @Wrh
Marcus wrote:
Keeno wrote:

Nice find mate, ive been looking and i could even have 2 sliding doors meeting in the middle giving total access. Ill be looking more today.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post:
Marcus (Sat May 01, 2021 11:47 am)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

DIY.Rik wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:20 am
Marcus wrote:
Keeno wrote:

That's an idea. I'm robbing this for my groom :dance: :lol:

Sliding door, why didn't I think of that.

Now awaiting video too, well excited.

Fill us in on the video when you're done @Keeno
12 days before im in the gaff :sad: :sad: :sad:

But ive been ordering stuff and getting the bits i need to start the minute im in.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Stuff is starting to arrive :barmy:

Phonictrap ducting

12mm underlay

YBS superquilt

Im doing this backwards and having stuff delivered to my current address first. Some of the stuff is bulk delivery and given the location of the property i dont want pallets or bulk deliveries pulling up outside the property full of loft stuff. I know of at least 1 other grow in the next row of houses and there is a lot of insulation going in mine. I think it will look less obvious being moved in with the rest of the house stuff, boxes, furniture etc. Ill even cut any sheet material to a sizes to fit in the loft hatch before i get the keys on the day of the move. I need this up and running asap so will be all go as soon as im in the door.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 6):
Marcus (Sat May 01, 2021 11:47 am) • Hydro (Sat May 01, 2021 12:13 pm) • Guest (Sat May 01, 2021 2:23 pm) • Sage (Sat May 01, 2021 9:20 pm) • Josh (Tue May 04, 2021 4:40 pm) • TTL (Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:21 pm)

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

Will you have to make allowances for the insulated floor trapping the heat in the house in the warm months?
These users thanked the author Sage for the post (total 2):
Keeno (Sat May 01, 2021 9:26 pm) • Guest (Sat May 01, 2021 9:46 pm)
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

sageridder wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:22 pm
Will you have to make allowances for the insulated floor trapping the heat in the house in the warm months?
Yes mate. I'm planning to cycle the air in loft and house. I'll do a post in here soon, just looking at a couple of different options for how to do it.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
Guest (Sat May 01, 2021 9:47 pm) • Sage (Sat May 01, 2021 9:49 pm)

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

Keeno wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:27 pm
sageridder wrote:
Yes mate. I'm planning to cycle the air in loft and house. I'll do a post in here soon, just looking at a couple of different options for how to do it.
Had a thought to supplement cooler air in loft. You have some kind of water pipes up there you said I'm assuming that in summer at least they are cooler than the air temp up there. What about using them as a radiator core of sorts? I'm thinking some flex copper in a coil then wrap the one end around the pipes with a cap, fill with water wrap the other end around the pipes and either leave it passive or blow a fan through it. It would be kind of similar to this pic but on it's side with the ends wrapped around the water pipes and capped.
These users thanked the author Sage for the post:
Keeno (Sun May 02, 2021 1:55 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

Air circulation

This is something ive been back and forth on a lot. There is a chimney breast there but the idea of air whooshing through it goes against the level of soundproofing im going for as the chimney breast is on a dividing wall between mine and the neighbors house.

Instead im going to try make a stealthy but good airflow within the property itself. There will be up to 2000w of lighting up there, half of it LED and eventually all LED which will help a lot with heat but the cost of LED to cover a 1.2 x 1.2 area isnt cheap and will have to be done in stages.

The plan is to have vents, similar to bathroom extraction vents in the floor underneath. 1 in the bathroom, 2 in built in cupboards. 1 will be a 150mm A1 extraction that will pull around 400m2 of air out of the loft itself through a filter. This will be the main loft extraction, not groom extraction, this will be separate. 2 more 100mm vents in built in cupboards will be passive intake vents into the loft. All will use acoustic or phonictrap ducting and i will add silencers at a later date if needed. The 150mm fan will be able to be turned off should i need to. This will mean ill have a slight airflow noise in the bathroom outlet but it shouldnt be any loader than a standard bathroom extractor.

The roof itself will be able to breath through vents already built into the facia of the roof. If it goes to plan it should mean the whole roof is under negative pressure at all times. Im basing this on my previous outdoor grow area which is a little bigger than this space and use a similar air circulation method and it worked perfectly with up to 2400w of HPS.

The 2 grooms will vent directly into the loft, separate areas that will get further sound proofing. Im trying to negate any issues with noise of any kin on the outside of/or leaving the property itself. If its not enough i can use the chimney or increase airflow as i go.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 5):
FX (Sun May 02, 2021 2:47 pm) • Wrh (Mon May 03, 2021 6:21 am) • Guest (Mon May 03, 2021 10:09 am) • Josh (Tue May 04, 2021 4:41 pm) • TTL (Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:23 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Post by Keeno »

sageridder wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:40 pm
Keeno wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:27 pm
sageridder wrote:
Had a thought to supplement cooler air in loft. You have some kind of water pipes up there you said I'm assuming that in summer at least they are cooler than the air temp up there. What about using them as a radiator core of sorts? I'm thinking some flex copper in a coil then wrap the one end around the pipes with a cap, fill with water wrap the other end around the pipes and either leave it passive or blow a fan through it. It would be kind of similar to this pic but on it's side with the ends wrapped around the water pipes and capped.
I like this sage, ive made a note of it, what im really trying to avoid is using any kind of aircon up there, to noisy and expensive to run. Nice idea mate.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”