Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Phonic Trap Ducting

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Phonic Trap Ducting

Post by Keeno »

ncrypta.core wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:40 pm
here some videos of how quiet it is
just outside the grow room
To the Video app.php/vblog/ncrypta.core/65/655

40-50%
To the Video app.php/vblog/ncrypta.core/65/656

100%
To the Video app.php/vblog/ncrypta.core/65/657

Inside the tent
To the Video app.php/vblog/ncrypta.core/65/658

As you can hear hopefully is just the clip on fan unless at 100% power but still very quiet
Just sold it to me lol. Thank you for taking the time to do the vids. ll get some ordered.

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

@Keeno no worries man, I'm glad i could of helped. Best ducting upgrade i could of bought. oh on the rvk and carboon side im using an metu clamp btw.
These users thanked the author ncrypta.core for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:46 pm) • Keeno (Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:05 pm)
Where the salts go, the water will follow

ncrypta.core
Known User

Post by ncrypta.core »

@Chad.Westport the main differencebetween acoustic ducting and the Phonic Trap is that it offers more stability and less chance of fibre glass contaminating your growing area. This is because instead of the inner layer of fibre glass found in Acoustic Ducting, the G.A.S Phonic Trap Ducting has a layer of non-allergenic (glass wool free) fibre inside that can be cut without the worry of the possibility of contaminating your grow room with glass wool.

Edit:
The PhonicTrap Acoustic Ducting allows you to muffle and reduce the noise of loud fans and airflow within your grow room. Unlike other brands of ducting, this does not use glass wool, instead its 3 layers thick of non-allergic insulation. Likewise, its incredible with any speed and force of airflow it even holds its shape when placed vertically. Its durable design and strong core makes it perfect for absolutely any growing environment.

Furthermore, each layer of the ducting helps to reduce noise and maximise airflow. This is possible as the black foil outer layer features an aluminium shell which helps to minimise dents and kinks so nothing obstructs airflow. Whereas the white insulation enables air to efficiently transfer through without causing any additional pressure to fan systems. Finally, the middle layer insulates sounds without lowering airflow in order to give you a more efficient system.
Source: https://www.gardeners-corner.com/produc ... c-ducting/

I wonder now if you use sound proof panels on your door like in a music studio, Would your room be even more silent.
These users thanked the author ncrypta.core for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:49 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

I've finally set up my tent again and I must say that the phonic trap is effing excellent. I normally have my variac on #1 setting with the old ducting. I've just tried the same setting with the PT. At first I thought it wasn't working as I couldn't hear a thing. I went up and up with the settings and on setting 4 was the PT was the same as setting 1 with the the other ducting.

Worth every penny.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post (total 3):
ohlordyeah_420 (Thu May 20, 2021 1:45 pm) • Nom (Thu May 20, 2021 3:04 pm) • ncrypta.core (Thu May 20, 2021 3:26 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

Yup, deffinately agree with that @The Aspie Toker couple to a silenced ec fan it's cheaper to run and very quiet
These users thanked the author Nom for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Thu May 20, 2021 3:24 pm) • ohlordyeah_420 (Thu May 20, 2021 4:49 pm)

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”