Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Let there be light

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Re: Let there be light

Post by 2-Scoops »

My build on the other hand is made with "affordable" parts as a proof of theory
So how did it grow weed for you @GMO would you say it was on par with other similar led lights that you`ve used now, you know the more costly brands and parts used and such like ?

I gave two led a mate not long back, great big fuckers used on 3 or 4 grows max, but they both needed a cob chip changing, i was tempted to cannaiblise one and fix other up but it looked a daunting task, i tried but fuck that faffing, it got me reyt mad for want of trying at one point, i gave up, anyhow. So mate he`s done that and is smashing it with 600watter it has 4 cree loadsa 5watt bridgelux in mix and takes a uvb cfl in middle of light, but he`s grows great buddage with it. My point being i think theirs some decent cheap led grow coming outa China now, if they work and dont start to pack in after a grow or two cus of shoddy work, rough as fuck some of it in fact :pee: . Anyhow so but yes all the light specs you see and parts used look cock on, i think shoddy workmanship lets Chinese down more than product itself alot of time with certain things, cus stuff looks bang on in every other way and cheap as owt, like £100`s sometimes difference for similars lights you buy other places, jeez im rambling on :bang head: , man im high :roll: , proper gone of your light here mate , fuck a real swerve that one :roll, i think it was the affordable parts bit got me cogs turning. :Stoned: 8-)
Last edited by 2-Scoops on Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
GMO (Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:50 am) • The Aspie Toker (Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:54 am) • Josh (Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:36 am)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

great job gmo,,looks like something i would do ,,futures
These users thanked the author JJ for the post:
GMO (Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:50 am)

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

2-Scoops wrote:
My build on the other hand is made with "affordable" parts as a proof of theory
So how did it grow weed for you [mention]GMO[/mention] would you say it was on par with other similar led lights that you`ve used now, you know the more costly brands and parts used and such like ?

I gave two led a mate not long back, great big fuckers used on 3 or 4 grows max, but they both needed a cob chip changing, i was tempted to cannaiblise one and fix other up but it looked a daunting task, i tried but fuck that faffing, it got me reyt mad for want of trying at one point, i gave up, anyhow. So mate he`s done that and is smashing it with 600watter it has 4 cree loadsa 5watt bridgelux in mix and takes a uvb cfl in middle of light, but he`s grows great buddage with it. My point being i think theirs some decent cheap led grow coming outa China now, if they work and dont start to pack in after a grow or two cus of shoddy work, rough as fuck some of it in fact :pee: . Anyhow so but yes all the light specs you see and parts used look cock on, i think shoddy workmanship lets Chinese down more than product itself alot of time with certain things, cus stuff looks bang on in every other way and cheap as owt, like £100`s sometimes difference for similars lights you buy other places, jeez im rambling on :bang head: , man im high :roll: , proper gone of your light here mate , fuck a real swerve that one :roll, i think it was the affordable parts bit got me cogs turning. :Stoned: 8-)
Yeah man it does really well the best buds I've grown were under this plus hps combo

In all honesty I think most new led have more power than most of us not supplementing co2 can use. I run my IS at 75% most of the time

So for the cost I do think it really comes down to what you are looking for. If you need to push 1200 ppfd go for the all bells and whistles. If ya looking for 500-750 ppfd evenly across the canopy, there are lots of ways to achieve it

translated from the bongo of the canna jungle

These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 3):
The Aspie Toker (Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:53 am) • Josh (Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:37 am) • 2-Scoops (Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:40 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

I listened in on the podcast other night @GMO pretty cool stuff, but like fuck could i sign into utube to comment with vpn turned on so i just listened in, but yes the ditch weed auto crap you were on about at one point with great big cabbage like webbed feet looking leafage, i think it may have been a strain called ducksfoot ? I know of one or two who have grown it, why i dread to ask. DP do an auto frisian duck strain which is duckfoot x frisian dew, another shit strain that don`t get you high ive been told by guys who have grown it.
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 3):
kbag (Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:05 pm) • Josh (Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:49 am) • GMO (Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:20 am)

Vador
Known User

Post by Vador »

Thats an impressive looking light, nice work
░█▒█▒▄▀▄░█▀▄░▄▀▄▒█▀▄
░▀▄▀░█▀█▒█▄▀░▀▄▀░█▀▄

Drugs and Alcohol are never the answer! Unless the question was “what am I doing tonight”.

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”