Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

my growbox (simple design)

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
kbag
GR420 Leg End

Re: my growbox (simple design)

Post by kbag »

My advice to you would be not to do a Auto and look for a stable photoperiod as a first grow. With Auto's you are on a clock if you get it wrong there is no turning that clock back. A photoperiod allows you time in veg to dial things in if needed.
I also believe you save money on electric doing a photoperiod if done correctly and there is some decent strains that are fast flowering. Ultimately it is your decision and whatever it is i wish atb with it.
These users thanked the author kbag for the post (total 2):
Golnin (Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:37 am) • Treetrunk (Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:37 pm)

Golnin

Post by Golnin »

:pee:
kbag wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:29 am
My advice to you would be not to do a Auto and look for a stable photoperiod as a first grow. With Auto's you are on a clock if you get it wrong there is no turning that clock back. A photoperiod allows you time in veg to dial things in if needed.
I also believe you save money on electric doing a photoperiod if done correctly and there is some decent strains that are fast flowering. Ultimately it is your decision and whatever it is i wish atb with it.
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
Thank you for your advice. I bought some seeds online, most of auto flowering, and of course, that's too much. When I am familiar with it, I will grow the seed of light cycle. Because I use translation software, many nutrients and technical terms are not translated correctly, so I intend to start my planting road from auto flowering.
:roll:
These users thanked the author Golnin for the post:
kbag (Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:37 pm)
if you want to do something, you will find a way. because no one can stop you!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

------ I don't know which wise man said it. :Stoned:

KD
Known User

Post by KD »

Chad.Westport wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:20 pm
If you are in a 2.5ft x 2.5ft tent, you can get two average sized plants, three little plants or one large plant. For that footprint, you would want a minimum of 100w, ideally somewhere around 250w. With small tents, the height can be an issue. Since the tent is not tall, you are not able to grow big plants because you need space between the top of the tent and your light fixture, as well as space between your light fixture and the canopy of the plants. So you likely can aim to run three feminized or auto flower plants. I would only do one or two if going with a photoperiod plant.
This 100%

I use 2 small tents... went from 1 large plant in each using LST to building a scrog net to make the most of the space and keep the canopy level and low. Hope this helps

Treetrunk
Respected Member

Post by Treetrunk »

kbag wrote:My advice to you would be not to do a Auto and look for a stable photoperiod as a first grow. With Auto's you are on a clock if you get it wrong there is no turning that clock back. A photoperiod allows you time in veg to dial things in if needed.
I concentrate more on the photo's but always have a couple of autos going as well.
I use up the old nutrients on them and light is on 24 hours in veg tent anyway.
Photo's are definitely easier as you've time to correct mistakes.
The Afghani fast version I've just grown was done in exactly 6 weeks.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Treetrunk for the post:
kbag (Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:38 pm)

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”