Welcome to the grow room designs and equipment section. Every grower faces different obstacles when setting up a cannabis grow room. Use this section to discuss the different types of grow rooms you use or would like information about to grow cannabis. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Looking for a new extraction fan

Discuss setting up your space & what equipment to use
2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Looking for a new extraction fan

Post by 2-Scoops »

So guys maybe you could help me out a little here I'm looking for a 5 or 6 extraction fan that shifts plenty of air, I'm also looking for summink pretty quiet and I'm wondering which is your preference for that, the mix flo silent fans are no good cus they`re too big length wise and i can`t be bothered faffing too much, but I'm not talking silent i know it's impossible but basically I'm in market for a new en and any help appreciated. I`ve been looking at the Manrose fans on fleabay and Black Orchid centri flo. I may even just purchase my usual rvk fan that ive always used. Ideas and suggestions guys. Cheers peeps. :thanks:
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:23 pm)
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

Philzon   Vape4Ever
Nom
Known User

Re: Looking for a new extraction fan

Post by Nom »

Revolution vector, 6 inch moves alot of air is fully dimmable. I use the the silenced one but I hear the reg is quiet anyway. Uses less electric as its ec rather than ac anyway and the more you dim the less it uses, 2 year warranty. Phonic trap ducting is good stuff too. If you do go ec phresh hyper fans are also ok but make sure its a V2 as my V1 ex display failed in 6 months.
Or AC infinity fans, some of the guys over tge pond use these and their very good fans deffinately worth looking at bit cheaper too i think. Whats your budget like?
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
2-Scoops (Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:47 pm)

TTL
Known User

Post by TTL »

AC Infinity 6” is pretty darn quiet and does the job well.
These users thanked the author TTL for the post:
Josh (Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:47 pm)

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:39 pm
So guys maybe you could help me out a little here I'm looking for a 5 or 6 extraction fan that shifts plenty of air, I'm also looking for summink pretty quiet and I'm wondering which is your preference for that, the mix flo silent fans are no good cus they`re too big length wise and i can`t be bothered faffing too much, but I'm not talking silent i know it's impossible but basically I'm in market for a new en and any help appreciated. I`ve been looking at the Manrose fans on fleabay and Black Orchid centri flo. I may even just purchase my usual rvk fan that ive always used. Ideas and suggestions guys. Cheers peeps. :thanks:
RVK with a variac for me. Can't fault it.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

True that @The Aspie Toker you cant knock the tried and tested RVK/variac combo not at all, but ec fans are the future and if you crunch the numbers you will find that many of them dont take too long to pay for themselves in leccy savings. For a longterm grower they make alot of sense, just dont look at the price tag too closely :sad:
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:25 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Nom wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:59 pm
Revolution vector, 6 inch moves alot of air is fully dimmable. I use the the silenced one but I hear the reg is quiet anyway. Uses less electric as its ec rather than ac anyway and the more you dim the less it uses, 2 year warranty. Phonic trap ducting is good stuff too. If you do go ec phresh hyper fans are also ok but make sure its a V2 as my V1 ex display failed in 6 months.
Or AC infinity fans, some of the guys over tge pond use these and their very good fans deffinately worth looking at bit cheaper too i think. Whats your budget like?
Budget not bad so long as things aren`t crazy overpriced compared to other decent fans that we can use then jobs a good en
TTL wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:09 pm
AC Infinity 6” is pretty darn quiet and does the job well.
Gonna take a ganders now as we speak cheers
The Aspie Toker wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:23 pm
2-Scoops wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:39 pm
RVK with a variac for me. Can't fault it.
Yes ill prolly end up with one of these, but ill take a look at others firstly, i did like look of Manrose what with using German motors, but yes gonna look at suggestions now,

Cheers everyone. :)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
The Aspie Toker (Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:53 pm) • Nom (Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:17 am)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

Hey Himbo.

I just got me a new Systemair 8 incher RVK...

Whoa!

It's for another project but man, it shifts air like a proper air shifting device and is quieter when dialled back with the variac.

My old Can-Fan 5 incher is still going strong (6 years now on more or less constantly) in the tent and I really cannot hear it over my moving air around fans in the tent. :idn:

I;d have grabbed another large can-fan but they couldn;t move the volume of air I needed.
(It's for the toilet after my morning manoeuvres).

:oik!:
These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
2-Scoops (Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:15 pm)

Marcus
GR420 Leg End

Post by Marcus »

:lol:

*JIMBO...

Not Himbo.

But I am leaving that spelling mistake in there 'cause it's making me giggle.

These users thanked the author Marcus for the post:
2-Scoops (Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:15 pm)

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:00 pm

*JIMBO...

Not Himbo.

But I am leaving that spelling mistake in there 'cause it's making me giggle.

Lolzz..........

So yes im looking at RVK now, problem i have with the ones mentioned that im looking at now is its not practical stuck on roof in my 1m long space, i mean its possible jiggling things around but im gonna go with rvk me thinks, simple easy and do jobby, i mean current one must have been running like 10+ years now. Says alot i suppose. :)
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post:
Marcus (Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:22 pm)

Captain Beefheart
GR420 Leg End

Post by Captain Beefheart »

i just bought a viper jimmi bach 5" it pulls out a fuk full of air i give it that :oik!: chamber sounds like terminal 5 at heathrow airport nice enough. :puff puff:

here it is plug already on it plug it in + play :idn:

Return to “Grow Room Designs & Equipment”