Quick Quide To User Control Panel

A section with guides on how to use forum features.
kbag
GR420 Leg End

Quick Quide To User Control Panel

Post by kbag »

How to open user control panel go to the top right hand side of the page and look for your user name. click on the user name and it will open a drop down menu click on user control panel.

This will then open the user control panel bringing you to the first tab Overview. This is where you can manage your subscriptions, Bookmarks, Drafts and notifications.

The next Tab is your Profile settings in here you can add your date of Birth, upload links to twitter accounts etc.

You can also add a signature that will show on each post you make. Here is a screenshot of a Basic link to my diary that will show in each post i make in a thread.

You can also upload a Avatar in this section and edit account settings where you can change your password (Before Changing Your Password Make Sure You Have Access to Your email Account).

Next Tab is Board Preferences there is a few things i set differently in here to make the site more easy to navigate and to my personal preference. As you can see in the screenshot i have users can email me set no, open external links in a new window. You would also set your time zone date format and preferred board style .

Edit Display options is where i change the topics and posts from Ascending to Descending this will save a lot scrolling on the site. The new posts when you click on thread will now show first instead of last.

Edit notifications if you do not like to many notifications you can uncheck the boxes to your choice to stop them. You might choose to emailed on certain topics just check the box to do this.

The Private message Tab is where you can pm other members read pm's from other members basically not much to do in there edit wise.

User Groups nothing to be done in here.

Friends and Foes This my favorite Tab where i add keeno to the foes list when he keeps sending me pictures of food(shame it does not work on staff :lol: ).
It is pretty self explanatory in here.

Mchat Tab i leave these set to how they are by default. You can set it to your preference here.

The gallery Tab
These users thanked the author kbag for the post (total 5):
Keeno (Tue May 05, 2020 9:20 am) • Ohitshim (Tue May 05, 2020 9:46 am) • Joker59 (Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:05 am) • Genetic Memory Farms (Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:56 pm) • ShabbyOrange (Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:51 pm)

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Quick Quide To User Control Panel

Post by Keeno »

Nice write up K, thank you.
These users thanked the author Keeno for the post (total 2):
Joker59 (Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:04 am) • Hoss (Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:30 am)

Return to “Forum Guides”