Welcome to the cannabis harvest, drying and curing section. Use this section to discuss techniques, ideas and anything else regarding harvesting, drying and curing cannabis plants. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

trimbin

Discuss how to harvest, dry and cure cannabis
seymore_budz
Respected Member

trimbin

Post by seymore_budz »

Anyone (used|using) one of these? They look good but they're expensive. If so what is the quality like?
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
Nanook
Respected Member

Re: trimbin

Post by Nanook »

Looks like a hard way to do this tbh
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223317381325
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Nanook of the north wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:24 pm
Looks like a hard way to do this tbh
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223317381325
Ha! It's been a while since I've seen a tumbler :) A friend had the first prototype from Mila @pollinator. Was a noisy thing. Used to drive me nuts! The trimbin ain't for scuffing things. You use it to fo your final trim and it collects the dust.

Before those days people I know used to use tights tied over a large bowl LOL those were the days :)

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

lol I tried to save my trim to try bho/sifting this time but threw it out as it went mouldy :(

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:01 pm
lol I tried to save my trim to try bho/sifting this time but threw it out as it went mouldy :(
Always seems like a massive pain in the arse to process the leaf. I have one friend that just runs the wet leaf through a bubblator after the trim. He doesn't get loads back but it's enough, you don't have to have all the leaf hanging about for ages and it gets rid of the smell so he can just throw it in the trash without having to worry about unwanted odour.

Another guy leaves all the sugar bud on the plant until he's ready to cure. Then trims it all when it's dry and shakes it. Seems more of a hassle but he has some beautiful pollen at the end.

I thought the trimbin would be a nice medium. Dry the shake leaf still on the bud, then trim over a trimbox to catch the residual keif and run the rest through the bubblator. I think I'll just make one out of wood and silk screen. I could knock one up for about $10 what donyou think nanook?

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

yeah I have seen them made on TV shows where they go around the world. TBH I am olf, fat and lazy so I just grow loads of bud and bin loads of trim/popcorn I could use.... wasteful but suits me :)
If your game tho why not try? just a wooden frame and silk as you say and off you go :)

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

also the bubble thing... I tried once, never again. What a hassle!

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Nannook that looks like the Cern's particle accelerator lol.
I've never seen or used anything like it. Growing enough fine bud to have enough smoke. Looks interesting though :Stoned:

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:35 pm
yeah I have seen them made on TV shows where they go around the world. TBH I am olf, fat and lazy so I just grow loads of bud and bin loads of trim/popcorn I could use.... wasteful but suits me :)
If your game tho why not try? just a wooden frame and silk as you say and off you go :)

I'm the same but I have a friend that wants the kief for medicine and I want to keep hold of the buds :)
Bulls wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:45 pm
Nannook that looks like the Cern's particle accelerator lol.
I've never seen or used anything like it. Growing enough fine bud to have enough smoke. Looks interesting though :Stoned:
There ain't much to those tumblers. Just a motor with a square block fixed to it that turns slowly and the drum is just a silk screen drum with a male block connector on one side. The noise comes from the block connector not being tight so it lumps on every turn and the motor makes a horrible wiring noise. You get a shed load of kief off them though.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

you should hear my electric trimmer pmfsl

Return to “Harvesting, Drying & Curing Cannabis”