Welcome to the cannabis harvest, drying and curing section. Use this section to discuss techniques, ideas and anything else regarding harvesting, drying and curing cannabis plants. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

cvault and curing

Discuss how to harvest, dry and cure cannabis
seymore_budz
Respected Member

cvault and curing

Post by seymore_budz »

Hi, Is anyone using the Cvault and the boveda humidity packs? They seem to be quite popular with the top guys in the US and Canada. I can't help but think they're too pricey :) I mean for the same price as the large cvault, I can buy three 3 x 3ltr mason jars and 3 x 62g integra boost sachets. I've also read the cvault isn't the best quality product and tends to break at the spot welded catches?
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Nanook
Respected Member

Re: cvault and curing

Post by Nanook »

Think Wiz had these... Or Maybe josh I forget.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:20 am
I've used Boveda packs and had one of them leak into a jar.

Not used them again and I really don't see the need for them. I keep my jars in the garage, some are 3+ years old and still fine without the bovedas.

I used to store jars in a beer fridge, but it packed in so they're still in the fridge, it's just not turned on.

Burp every month regardless.

:oik!:
Thanks for the heads up Marcus. I've also read on cigar forums about them leaking onto product. That's why I thought the integra boost would be a better option as they use gel rather than liquid. I've also read that some people have noticed a funny taste to bud cured with boveda. I wonder if that was also due to leakage?

I'm not really interested in long term storage and more interested in curing. I think I'll go down the mason jar route and maybe give the integra boost a go. I'll let you know how I get on.

seymore_budz
Respected Member

Post by seymore_budz »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:10 am
grumpygrower wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:35 am

Thanks for the heads up Marcus. I've also read on cigar forums about them leaking onto product. That's why I thought the integra boost would be a better option as they use gel rather than liquid. I've also read that some people have noticed a funny taste to bud cured with boveda. I wonder if that was also due to leakage?

I'm not really interested in long term storage and more interested in curing. I think I'll go down the mason jar route and maybe give the integra boost a go. I'll let you know how I get on.
Some people think they can just chuck a boveda in a jar and the dope will cure itself, it won't.

You gotta burp the jars anyway when the flower is curing as it gives off waste gases. I just pop a humidity gauge in the jar and burp daily until 62%, then weekly and it normally holds good at that then till I go to the monthly burp.

I've not heard of the integra boost, so yeah will be interesting to hear how you get on. Good luck dude. :oik!:
I'm not that green (excuse the pun). I've done a little research into curing and requirements. I think the big guys are using them to control the humidity to keep mildew away and to preserve terpenes. I've just finished watching the cannacribs series on YouTube (which is excellent BTW) and all the top guys seem to be using these from curing to shipping. Episode 7 where they go visit canndecent turned me on to the idea. Those guys are on top of their game and everything looked mouthwatering good :) I'll keep you updated.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

cannacribs is now on my to watch list, thank you grumpy :)

omgBoNg
Known User

Post by omgBoNg »

I actually have a cvault on the way with some packs, if I remember I will report back

Point 5
Respected Member

Post by Point 5 »

i have read mixed reviews on both the packs mentioned. there never an inbetween its either love or hate them. i was going to get some then decided i'll keep my money and have a go with just little RH monitors in jars
Whoever said the best things in life are free blatantly grew their own pot
:puff puff:

omgBoNg
Known User

Post by omgBoNg »

Still waiting for them to come, just got an update email yesterday.

Return to “Harvesting, Drying & Curing Cannabis”