Welcome to the cannabis harvest, drying and curing section. Use this section to discuss techniques, ideas and anything else regarding harvesting, drying and curing cannabis plants. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Fibro's curing experiment

Discuss how to harvest, dry and cure cannabis
FX
Known User

Re: Fibro's curing experiment

Post by FX »

Well just the control bud left and I doubt that will be much different than the rest of the harvest, only difference is it was a single bud in a jar of its very own...
These users thanked the author FX for the post:
kbag (Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:09 pm)

Wayne36
Known User

Post by Wayne36 »

FX wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:34 pm
I have to say the CVault one was better than the purple glass, excited to see what the fridge one is like next....
Nice yea just check and my vault does have a seal 🤦‍♂️ not sure if I am going to use it but I may try it this year so use to mason jars

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

Okay, so I vaped the control yesterday:
As to be expected, it was the same as the main jars, nice and sticky and vaped nicely. Lots of smell and flavour.

FX
Known User

Post by FX »

Over all the cvault and fridge seemed to be the best, the c vault has the advantage of just chucking the weed in and forgetting about it, I still burped mine but they say you don't have to.
If you are growing a lot, the cvaults are certainly worth a look but they aren't that cheap, the one for this experiment cost me £25 and that's a medium for up to 28g of bud, they do them up to 21litre that holds a kilo!
The fridge cure was also interesting and cheaper unless you buy a dedicated fridge, if you do, get a wine fridge so you can control the temp better. I may keep a lookout for a cheap second hand one as it seems to help retain a lot of the tasty volitiles.
These users thanked the author FX for the post (total 5):
Guest (Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:15 pm) • PaleoCannabica (Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:00 pm) • Nom (Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:08 am) • GMO (Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:35 am) • Bulls (Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:55 pm)

Post by Guest »

FX wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:42 pm
Over all the cvault and fridge seemed to be the best, the c vault has the advantage of just chucking the weed in and forgetting about it, I still burped mine but they say you don't have to.
If you are growing a lot, the cvaults are certainly worth a look but they aren't that cheap, the one for this experiment cost me £25 and that's a medium for up to 28g of bud, they do them up to 21litre that holds a kilo!
The fridge cure was also interesting and cheaper unless you buy a dedicated fridge, if you do, get a wine fridge so you can control the temp better. I may keep a lookout for a cheap second hand one as it seems to help retain a lot of the tasty volitiles.
Nice one :-) :thanks: Was good to see the results of this.

Using a vape you can really see the results of a well loved grow and bud. You can literally taste everything through the vape, I have had some right nasty tasting stuff I'd purchased off street before, luckily have this place and my own lovely buds :dance:

Fridge all the way for my supply.
These users thanked the author Guest for the post:
FX (Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:09 pm)
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.”

JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insects and disease are the symptoms of a failing crop, not the cause of it. It's not the overpowering invader we must fear but the weakened condition of the victim."

William Albrecht

https://www.organacanna.co.uk/

MommaB
Plant Of The Year Winner 2022

Post by MommaB »

Ok I find this very interesting and happen to have a designated fridge for my seeds so may have to give the fridge a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
These users thanked the author MommaB for the post (total 2):
FX (Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:10 pm) • Guest (Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:09 am)
A Heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others- The Wizard of Oz

PaleoCannabica
Known User

Post by PaleoCannabica »

Yes! Lovely thread @fx you prove the fridge can be glorious, super nicely done 💚 thanks a bunch for this detailed journey. 🤔 💡the C vault in cold 🥶🥶🥶 💥🤯 blowing mind results 🙌
These users thanked the author PaleoCannabica for the post:
FX (Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:10 pm)

Nom
Known User

Post by Nom »

@FX very nicely done mate, mucho gracias
These users thanked the author Nom for the post:
FX (Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:45 pm)

Synister

Post by Synister »

I cured mine in a mason for 4 weeks there and it lost all its terms :/ must have done something wrong, tastes like hay lol
These users thanked the author Synister for the post:
FX (Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:01 pm)

flip
Known User

Post by flip »

Synister wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:54 pm
I cured mine in a mason for 4 weeks there and it lost all its terms :/ must have done something wrong, tastes like hay lol
If it tastes like hay, I might be that the bud had not dried sufficiently before cure
These users thanked the author flip for the post (total 2):
Guest (Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:32 am) • FX (Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:01 pm)
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing

Return to “Harvesting, Drying & Curing Cannabis”