Humboldt Seed Organisation - Blue Dream 2024

Cannabis strain reviews. Cannabis smoke review.
sybarite

Humboldt Seed Organisation - Blue Dream 2024

Post by sybarite »

Hello GR420,

Here is my review of the new version of HSO's so called Blue Dream in case anyone else was building their hopes up like I did:

It was extremely disappointing! The original HSO Blue Dream from about 10 years ago was possibly the best strain I ever had, so have been on the hunt for something similar ever since and was really looking forward to its recent return but this new version is nothing like it - different effects, aroma, appearance and flavour, as I half expected. I'm not sure if the original HSO one was a true Blue Dream but it didn't matter to me, because it was so good. It tasted of citrus, blueberry and classic Haze but this one is non-descript without any hint of Haze or Blueberry and effects are weak. I've given up my long hunt for decent Blue Dream seeds and will not be buying HSO seeds in future, which may sound harsh but I'm tired of these companies palming us off with BS strains because it's expensive and takes considerable time, and effort to grow them.

I'm going to give it one last shot with Humboldt Seed Company's Humboldt Dream, as at least that will very likely be made from a true Blue Dream, but crossed with PPD, so more indica-dom, which is not my preference.
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post (total 6):
Marcus (Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:33 pm) • Realmed (Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:14 am) • 2-Scoops (Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:54 pm) • Fiendy (Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:42 pm) • Wrh (Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:51 pm) • Labs Dexter (Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:04 pm)

Realmed

Re: Humboldt Seed Organisation - Blue Dream 2024

Post by Realmed »

I talked to them, and imo, was full of it and was just looking for a quick buck.
These users thanked the author Realmed for the post (total 5):
sybarite (Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:11 am) • 2-Scoops (Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:54 pm) • Fiendy (Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:42 pm) • Marcus (Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:45 am) • Labs Dexter (Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:06 pm)

sybarite

Post by sybarite »

Yes, I emailed them before they released the new version and had a similar experience - no real interest in talking about the strains, only advising when they would be available. I appreciate it can be difficult to recreate a strain once lost but they shouldn't have called it Blue Dream. Maybe should not have even called it that in the first place if their original version wasn't S1 from an original clone (I heard a rumour it was), but even so, it was good enough to live up to the name of Blue Dream imho, as it tasted how I imagine a good Haze and Blueberry cross should, with uplifiting, creative and social effects, free from paranoia.

Tbf, it smells OK, quite similar to Grower's Choice Rainbow Candy but I'm not tasting much, and It does give me a daytime kinda buzz, but it's a bit edgy and lacklustre. I wouldn't grow it again.

I bought their Chocoloate Mint OG 2.0 as well, as the original was fire, but probably won't bother with it now - trust destroyed!
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post (total 4):
Fiendy (Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:42 pm) • Realmed (Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:53 pm) • Marcus (Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:45 am) • Labs Dexter (Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:06 pm)

Fiendy

Post by Fiendy »

Jeez..sounds like corporate bull, start to finish... Pains me to see that kind of behaviour in this particular line of business, but I can't say it surprises me anymore. What used to be just an enthusiast type thing, is now just a moneymaker for many...and a pretty shit one, at that. Like any other business, honest, good people are pushed out, and all that's left behind is the crap that forced the situation to begin with.

And a handful of decent, honest breeders that barely make a living, because they're run by one dude with a life to live, and don't have the time to constantly post all across the interwebs all day, every day about how amazing thir gear is...

Sad but true.

ATB
These users thanked the author Fiendy for the post (total 4):
Realmed (Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:52 pm) • sybarite (Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:49 pm) • Marcus (Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:45 am) • Labs Dexter (Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:06 pm)

2-Scoops

Post by 2-Scoops »

They got shut down a few years ago in a big Spanish sting and lost a lot of their stock ? Maybe this could have summink to do with why strains are so different nowadays ?
These users thanked the author 2-Scoops for the post (total 2):
Labs Dexter (Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:08 pm) • sybarite (Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:45 pm)
"But your still looking at me that same damn way............ Like i just shit in your scrambled eggs" > Negan, Walking Dead

2-Scoops

Post by 2-Scoops »

I remember they got shut down a few years ago along with Dinafem in a big bust out in Spain, maybe lots of their genetics were lost and why they are so different today, tis just a possibility like. Always wondered wondered why they used Humboldt in their name when they were Spanish breeders out in Spain too, tis a bit deceiving too in my book.

sybarite

Post by sybarite »

Yes, I know some of the history with Dinafem and the big Spain bust, and that they lost a lot of their strains, but still no excuse for naming something Blue Dream that obviously isn't - it seems purely to make a fast buck off an extremely popular strain name, but that's misleading to customers and probably isn't doing them any favours in the long term, so I'm sure most people, like me, probably won't be back for more. They could have at least used some Haze genetics to make it seem vaguely similar, but it's nothing like the original at all.

When I heard HSO were back with my favourite strain I was so pleased and excited but it was all for nothing. Probably just another white-label seed company to avoid.
These users thanked the author sybarite for the post (total 2):
2-Scoops (Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:02 pm) • Fiendy (Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:53 am)

Return to “Strain Reviews”