Welcome to the organic cannabis growing section. Use this section to discuss all aspects of growing cannabis organically. Whether you are new to organic growing or wish to share your experience of growing cannabis plants in living soil, amended soil or anything. This is the section for you. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Comfrey - FPE - Fermented Plant Extract (almost free nutrient)

Discuss organic cannabis growing
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Comfrey - FPE - Fermented Plant Extract (almost free nutrient)

Post by GMO »

Hello again and welcome to another hippie earth lil hack

Comfrey is a great bio accumulator and will search out really deep down nutrients

With an average dry leaf NPK is 1.8-0.5-5.3. comfrey also contains calcium.

So anyways I have bocking 14 in the garden so that's about the hardest thing to source but no doubt you'll wander past some once you know what your looking for

Other items;
Rain water
Molasses
Microbial culture ie LAB or EM1a
A container like a jar or bucket

As I do think I'll be needing vast amounts I've just been using pasta sauce jars

Method;

Collect healthy young growth with no signs of deficiency or pests. You'll only need about 20% the volume of your planned container

I think chopped the leaves to increase the surface area for the microbes to get to work

I went with a tea spoon of molasses for 500ml vessel

Then the same volume microbe inoculant as the molasses

Then just stir till the spoon is clean and label

ImageImageImage

Leave the lid slightly loose for the first 7 days and after those 7 days give a lil stir and stand for another 7-14 days. Filter off the remaining plant material (feed this to ya worms or compost bin) and your good to store for 6-12 months

Application rates are generally 2ml per litre for soil drench but different crops will vary
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 3):
The Aspie Toker (Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:21 pm) • G3W2HIN (Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:15 am) • Guest (Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:19 am)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Re: Comfrey - FPE - Fermented Plant Extract (almost free nutrient)

Post by The Aspie Toker »

I powder my comfrey leaves and give them to the worms to eat. I don't use bocking 14 though as I don't mind mine going to seed. I was supposed to harvest some of the leaves today, but couldn't be bothered in the end. Too far to walk.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
GMO (Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:45 pm)
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

G3W2HIN
Known User

Re: Comfrey - FPE - Fermented Plant Extract (almost free nutrient)

Post by G3W2HIN »

That is awesomeness GMO thanks a bunch
INNER PEACE

Return to “Organic Cannabis Growing”