Welcome to the organic cannabis growing section. Use this section to discuss all aspects of growing cannabis organically. Whether you are new to organic growing or wish to share your experience of growing cannabis plants in living soil, amended soil or anything. This is the section for you. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Do It Yourself Homemade Plant Fertilizers from Build a Soil

Discuss organic cannabis growing
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Do It Yourself Homemade Plant Fertilizers from Build a Soil

Post by GMO »

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0248/ ... lizers.pdf
Making your own nutrients should be exciting. I know I get all crazy when it comes to feeding my soil and you should too. When you uncap a bottle of your own nutrients, or feed with one of your fresh botanical teas, you experience a really cool feeling. That feeling is one of self-sustainability and pride. Sometimes I catch myself talking to the plants like pets… and feeding them better than I do myself. I won’t get too weird on you just yet, but if your plants are spoiled like mine are, then you and your plants will both love using homemade nutrients. It’s like switching from Fast food to Super food!
The above link is full of incredible useful info like NPK chart of various wild plants as well as a couple method for making plant fertilizers and discussing their different uses
Now it’s time to decide which is best for you: Fresh vs. Fermented

Fresh Botanical Teas:
When you want the secondary metabolites, vitamins etc. When you know that your soil is already full of all the Major nutrients. These teas will supplement your grow and act as a booster to plant health and vigor without being overpowering. These typically use dried plant meals as the main source and will have small particles of the meal present in the water when used. Once the Botanical tea is drenched into the soil, the microbes will go to work on the particles and left over material from your fresh botanical tea, unlocking even more material. This method is often used because top dressing with straight dried plant material will often cause burning of the plant and unwanted problems, but a quick soak in water and you can now drench the soil with the strained water. Making a botanical tea typically involves using dried plant meal, but can also utilize fresh growing tips of plants. The desired plant material is then soaked for 24-72 hours and then used right away. Use of an airstone to bubble the water is preferred but not necessary. It’s mainly to keep the plant material in motion, so you could always just stir it every once in awhile. I will go into detail on the entire process soon.

Fermented Plant Extracts:
Most of the so called “organic” liquid fertilizers on the market are simply a fermented plant extract done on a commercial level. There are several reasons why making your own is better than buying the stuff on the Hydro-Shop Shelves.
1. You will have a better product for pennies on the dollar.
2. You can hand select the plants being used. In that way you can make a special FPE for almost any situation, from Veg to Flower, and inbetween.
3. You can do this all cold without adding any high heat like most of the fertilizer companies do. Think of it like getting premium first cold
pressed Olive Oil compared to cheap chemically extracted stuff.
4. You won’t have to add any preservatives whether natural or not, these preservatives harm the overall final product and you won’t
have to add any! Your home made FPE can sit on the shelf for up to 1 year and sometimes longer all on its own. “FPE” or Fermented Plant Extracts are one of the purest forms of organic fertilizer available to any gardener. The final product should be used a dilution rates of 1:500 or 1:1000 and will be very strong.
just as a little intro :rock:
These users thanked the author GMO for the post (total 4):
Josh (Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:17 am) • Guest (Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:04 am) • Dj Boompie (Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:33 am) • camkush (Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:08 pm)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

London Seed Centre   The Cannabis Experts - You Tube
Wayne36
Known User

Re: Do It Yourself Homemade Plant Fertilizers from Build a Soil

Post by Wayne36 »

I would love to do a organic grow and see the difference and taste in a same strain I like to experiment and organice I'd love to do

Wayne36
Known User

Re: Do It Yourself Homemade Plant Fertilizers from Build a Soil

Post by Wayne36 »

Do you have a recipe?

Return to “Organic Cannabis Growing”