Welcome to the organic cannabis growing section. Use this section to discuss all aspects of growing cannabis organically. Whether you are new to organic growing or wish to share your experience of growing cannabis plants in living soil, amended soil or anything. This is the section for you. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Plant Magic CalMag+ ????

Discuss organic cannabis growing
Glynne420
Respected Member
Has thanked: 0

Plant Magic CalMag+ ????

Post by Glynne420 »

Hi everyone, hope everyone is good and green.
I have a question about CalMag+ from Plant Magic.
I only grow organically (biobizz light mix(soil), Great White, old timers(grow, bloom, PK 4-8, Mg(if needed), bio-rhizotonic.)

I have noticed that I’m getting a Cal deficiency so I went and bought a bottle of CalMag+ from plant magic.

Will CalMag+ kill my bennies if I feed it to the soil? My girls are setting nice flower sites and I’ve never used CalMag + before and I don’t want to get it wrong. I don’t know if it’s safe to use in organic as it’s not got the old timers label on it. I also don’t know if I’m too far along to spray, I deffo don’t want to help the rot get a foot hold.
If your flower sites are small is it still safe to spray all over?
Sorry for all the questions....
Thanks all in advance....

Keeno
Site Admin

Re: Plant Magic CalMag+ ????

Post by Keeno »

Most people advise against adding cal mag to soil, I've not done it as that's what I've always been told. Instead give the plants a good foliar feed at 1-2ml per liter, being sure to get all of the plants, especially under the leaves. This is normally done during lights on period, obviously you dont want a high intensity light kn above your plants while they are wet, lift ghe light or take them out of groom in a room with a light on while they dry.

Having said all of that me and Bulls had issues with the brand you have, it worked very well until recently, we both had different batches and it didn't work the way it did before.

What stage are you at in your grow?

Bulls
Coco Grower

Post by Bulls »

Hello buddy. With CalMag I would usually recommend using as foliar feed, and it should be safe to use it until 3 weeks in flower.. Saying that my friend tested it on his plants, adding 1ml per L to the feed solution, and it sorted his problems without burning the plants. The thingy is the brand he was using wasn't PlantMagic but VitaLInk. I found PlantMagic CalMag not to work. I've tried 3 different batches and none of them work.

kbag
GR420 Leg End

Post by kbag »

Will CalMag+ kill my bennies if I feed it to the soil?
Simple answer glynne is no, the only thing that causes them real harm is high temperatures and your plants will suffer long before they do. They often go to sleep if there is too much phosphorous in your mix, bennies can be used with synthetic / mineral-based nutrients to no ill affect. you often see hydroponic growers adding bennies to their mix as it protects the same as as it would in soil/coco.

Glynne420
Respected Member

Post by Glynne420 »

Thank you all for your answers.
I’m gonna spray carefully and hopefully I can nip it in the bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glynne420
Respected Member

Post by Glynne420 »

No pun intended.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Hi Glynne, mate.

How about adding dolomite lime to your soil a few month before using it.
One heaped tablespoon per 5 litres of soil.

Prevention is better than cure.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

I have similar problems Cam, im mostly organic. These calmag deff im certain are strain related these days as i never ever saw these problems until i started buying fancy strains from overseas. I now use it in my soil at least once a week at 1ml/ltr, if ya wanna flaff about with foliar anything under 3ml/ltr is a waste of time in a soil grow. It wont effect your microbes there are a lot of myths in relation to synthetics and microbes but a bit of common sense will help dispel those. For example if adding synthetics immediately puts your microbes on death row, you wouldn't be able to drink tap water and survive lol. it would kill you. You would have to have extreme amounts to kill microbes. It has been a big issue for me since buying seeds, every single grow. I dont have any drama now. by the way microbes that inhabit the phylosphere are very important as the ones that inhabit the soil, just a thought.. I also use dolomite and epsom in my soil but it just dont seem to cut the mustard

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Bulls wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:06 pm
Hello buddy. With CalMag I would usually recommend using as foliar feed, and it should be safe to use it until 3 weeks in flower.. Saying that my friend tested it on his plants, adding 1ml per L to the feed solution, and it sorted his problems without burning the plants. The thingy is the brand he was using wasn't PlantMagic but VitaLInk. I found PlantMagic CalMag not to work. I've tried 3 different batches and none of them work.

I have the brand in question and also the bloom brand. They are slightly different in their nitrogen, iron and zinc levels but both are A ok.

Salender
Been thanked: 0

Post by Salender »

It is very interesting case

Return to “Organic Cannabis Growing”