Welcome to the organic cannabis growing section. Use this section to discuss all aspects of growing cannabis organically. Whether you are new to organic growing or wish to share your experience of growing cannabis plants in living soil, amended soil or anything. This is the section for you. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Potting up using Aloe vera

Discuss organic cannabis growing
GMO
GR420 Leg End

Potting up using Aloe vera

Post by GMO »

Hello again Ents and other types of tree people

As I've recently bumped this thread >>> aloe-vera-4407 which lists the many attributes of aloe vera, but some may be wondering how to make use and actually apply the miracle plant in your own growing. Really quick and simple once you have a few happy Aloe at home (they love a good windowsill and will explode with growth when you're not watching.)

Take a nice hearty "blade" (not sure that's the right term but it works. :idn: )

Slice the bottom to open the inside if it didn't split when removing from the plant.

At this point its good to give it a good firm massage to loosen the guts and release what you'll see looks remarkably like plant snot.

add this plant snot (life juice i name it badly but its like liquid gold) to some warm ish water and stir for a short while

after a good stir it'll go kinda cloudy and will being to try separating again fairly quick so I find best stirred then applied.

ImageImageImage

I chose to bottom feed this time round as I'm looking to encourage roots out from the pellets which are still nice and damp.

but that's about it, cheap and cheerful. :rock: :rock:
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:08 am)
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” -Albert Einstein

Smokey

Re: Potting up using Aloe vera

Post by Smokey »

Nice write up GMO very nice,

I just love everything about Aloe Vera it’s a very magical plant indeed with many many medicinal properties almost as many Mary
🍁 Who Jah Bless No Man Curse 🍁

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

Thanks GMO. A guy in a hydro shop I was in was talking about using an Aloe blade for clones. He reckoned to take the cut, leave in water for 24hrs, then stick the stem in an aloe blade, then rooting powder, then in a root riot cube. He claimed works everytime but that could just be shop talk.

2-Scoops
GR420 Leg End

Post by 2-Scoops »

Great for dunking new cuttings into as rooting gel too.
"You don't put fish fat oil in a Ferrari" Operation Crossbow

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

Tictok wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:07 pm
Thanks GMO. A guy in a hydro shop I was in was talking about using an Aloe blade for clones. He reckoned to take the cut, leave in water for 24hrs, then stick the stem in an aloe blade, then rooting powder, then in a root riot cube. He claimed works everytime but that could just be shop talk.
this video is pretty spot on mate. lots going on but they cover exactly that at the start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbBjO4kRknw

Tictok
Known User

Post by Tictok »

GMO wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:32 pm
Tictok wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:07 pm
this video is pretty spot on mate. lots going on but they cover exactly that at the start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbBjO4kRknw
Nice one GMO, a ton of info there.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

In the US you can purchase bundles of Aloe Vera from the fruit and veg aisle. I wish the UK would do similar.
Never give advice. Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

The Aspie Toker
GR420 Leg End

Post by The Aspie Toker »

Do you drain off the aloin first? (That's the brown/yellow liquid that comes out first) If you drink it, it'll give you the shits.
These users thanked the author The Aspie Toker for the post:
GMO (Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:49 am)

Sage
Respected Member

Post by Sage »

I'll be honest if i'm doing aloe I've usually bought 100% organic aloe vera juice on amazon, last time was around $15 for 2 gallons good shelf life especially if refrigerated,same with coconut water. But haven't in a while.
Anyone that has time for drama is not gardening enough.

GMO
GR420 Leg End

Post by GMO »

The Aspie Toker wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:13 am
Do you drain off the aloin first? (That's the brown/yellow liquid that comes out first) If you drink it, it'll give you the shits.
that stuff is the silicone/latex the plant produces, they are fine for mixing with water etc. I have read recently that snapping the aloe and letting it sit for 15 mins will make the enzymes more active and concentrated
These users thanked the author GMO for the post:
The Aspie Toker (Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:08 am)

Return to “Organic Cannabis Growing”