Welcome to the organic cannabis growing section. Use this section to discuss all aspects of growing cannabis organically. Whether you are new to organic growing or wish to share your experience of growing cannabis plants in living soil, amended soil or anything. This is the section for you. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

Hobbits Organic World

Discuss organic cannabis growing
hotshot
Has thanked: 0

Re: Hobbits Organic World

Post by hotshot »

Nice read Hobbit. I do have one question though? Are you saying over in MacGrow post that I shouldn't be using Peat in with the rest of my organic? Can you explain what that does to make the mix not good? thanks I've have always use Peat to help with Draining, but if it has some kind of bad effect on the other organic and is not needed, I can quit doing it. lol

Philzon   Growroom420 Discord
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

hotshot wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:35 pm
Nice read Hobbit. I do have one question though? Are you saying over in MacGrow post that I shouldn't be using Peat in with the rest of my organic? Can you explain what that does to make the mix not good? thanks I've have always use Peat to help with Draining, but if it has some kind of bad effect on the other organic and is not needed, I can quit doing it. lol
Cheers Hot shot glad you enjoyed it mate. No im not saying peat is no good , just that its not environmentally sustainable. I also feel that eco systems around swamps, bogs is extremely important to the food web and diversity. Its a personal choice not to use products obtained this way from these environments. why not use coco. Cheers for looking in mate.
Last edited by Hobbit on Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Viz wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:21 pm
I just like the detail. Means that folks reading, your interested in this stuff don't have to reinvent the wheel every time.

Respect dude.
Thanks mate i appreciate that.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

I never realised it was illegal, not exactly as obvious as weed leaves tho ;)
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Yeah i got my garden filled with it at the moment. The coppers wouldnt know what it is any way. Id tell em its comfrey any how.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

What type is it hobbit? Is it poisonous?

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Cant remember of the top of my head mate I did track down the variety as my mate didnt know. From memory it may be Virginia, its the one with pink flowers any way.. Is it poisonus......?? Haha well they rekon it gives ya cancer mate so thats a ten four buddy lol

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

lmfao, I meant if animals eat it etc.

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Doubt an animal would chew it mate it would taste fowl. It can be used a an insecticide if soaked in water. TBH mate there are loads of plants that will kill or make a pet sick. I have a laugh i recommend oleander to people for their gardens and i always get the same response, "ohh no thats poisonous to kids and pets" ( a bonus free feature id call that)lol. Well only if they chew on it hahaha. Any ways they usually got other poisonous plants in the garden already, its just that every one knows oleander. Not a day goes by I dont come home from work without some rashes on my arms from some plant my skin doesnt like, goes away after a wash. Lotsa poisonous plants out there bro. We do have a wild variety here as well, but its a small tree not a herbaceous plant. There are similarities in the leaf and both are solonaceae. Nothing eats it but the birds love the berry like fruits.

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Also stings ya eyes if ya rub them after touching the plant does the tobacco

Return to “Organic Cannabis Growing”