Welcome to the hydroponic cannabis growing section. There are many ways to grow cannabis in hydroponic setups. Use this section to discuss your ideas, methods and ask any questions you may have about growing cannabis in hydroponic systems. To become part of our online cannabis growing community click here to register.

What would happen....

Discuss growing cannabis hydroponically
Nanook
Respected Member

What would happen....

Post by Nanook »

I know a very old school grower who grew in hydro on a large scale.
He never EVER emptied his res's except on chop, just kept refilling them ( this was a flood and drain setup )

Bearing in mind this was a long time ago, what would actually happen - everyone including myself changes water 7-10 days mostly but what if..... has anyone tried it?
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Breeders Collective   Barney's Farm
Wizard
Respected Member

Re: What would happen....

Post by Wizard »

id think ya would have a hell of a time keeping nutes and ph balanced, also if ya got hard water i think ya would have one heck of a mineral build up
We can get swept away by our thoughts,,or learn to step back and see them with clarity.
Easy to forget its a choice

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

well I thought that, I have hard water and presumed salt buildup issues. Odd how people did it in the past tho.

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

thats why we call it old school ,, they could get away with it by the sheer number of plants ,, on a small scale grow i think your over all production amounts would suffer

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

thats true tbf, he also said back ten it was 6 week seedling, 6 week veg, 6 week flower. Now, I didnt believe him but other things have proven themselves so I cannot doubt it. I didnt assk lighting schedule tho tbf

Wizard
Respected Member

Post by Wizard »

ive been trying to show a few oldschool guys that they dont need a bunch of plants to fill a room ,, but they are stuck in there ways tbh ,, the one guy has had moldy bud on his last two grows and still hasnt put a fan in the room or cleaned it ffs ,, i tryed to help but he wont listen

Hobbit
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hobbit »

cant see how you would have a salts build up in flood and drain. I know nothing about flood and drain but the concept sounds same as achieving runoff in coco. I changed my res every 7-10 days in aeroponics and my small amount of pissing bout with rdwc. From everything ive read the main reason for res change is so that your nutrient levels remain stable ie your plants may use more of one nutrient and then the res becomes depleted of that nutrient. Logic however says that the nutrient companies spend a fortune in getting the nutrient balance so that its all used evenly, there fore a res change is not needed for this reason. I think a regular res change will reduce the chances of pathogens getting a foot in. So all that dribble is just what I think. What ive experienced is.... my first indoor grow was aeroponics no forums and no fekin clue. I never changed the res but had perfect climate and awesome results. My second grow was in same system with shit mentor and a 7 day res change. Gotta say the plants just looked happier. So if it reduces the chances of pathogens and your plants like it why not eh.

Nanook
Respected Member

Post by Nanook »

Wiz, theres diff classes of oldschool growers tbf lol

hmmmmm, interesting hobbit

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Wizardsbrew wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:40 pm
ive been trying to show a few oldschool guys that they dont need a bunch of plants to fill a room ,, but they are stuck in there ways tbh ,, the one guy has had moldy bud on his last two grows and still hasnt put a fan in the room or cleaned it ffs ,, i tryed to help but he wont listen
Haha Wiz im teaching an old dinosaur now you dont need big plant numbers to achieve the same results. Bulls proves this concept again and again. OIOI you know who you are hahaha.

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Nanook of the north wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:50 pm
Wiz, theres diff classes of oldschool growers tbf lol

hmmmmm, interesting hobbit
I found the real downside of 7 day res changes was ph stability. Takes 3 days before th wild swings stop, ya get a few days reprieve and then its on again

Return to “Hydroponic Cannabis Growing”