Grove bags

Cannabis grow equipment and product reviews
Grumpy Toad
Known User

Grove bags

Post by Grumpy Toad »

I saw a couple Youtube shows talking about Grove bags and looked into them. Seemed like it was worth a small investment to give it a try. So here is the setup. I've got five friends going to do a blind test of a bud "A" and a bud "B". They will know that the buds are from the same plant and dried the same. I'll let them know that curing was done differently. I will advise them to take into account aroma, taste, appearance, texture, etc. I don't care if they like one better or both the same so this should be interesting.

The bud is Zweet Inzanity from Ethos Genetics. It grew big and loud. Always had a lot of aroma. It has a PineSol cleaner-like aroma. Kind of solvent or mineral spirit funk as well. It should be noted as well that this bud is kind of fluffy and not hard nugs.

I dried this for 10 days and bucked it down. This went into cure right around New Years Day. Most went into wide-mouth amber jars and one ounce went into a Grove bag. Note that I did use a lumber humidity meter (as directed by Grove) and pulled at the recommended moisture content. The bud in the Grove bags was left to cure. I did open once about 4 weeks ago to take a quick sniff. The bud in jars was burped twice a day for at least a week. I had mini hygrometers in the jars to monitor humidity. I also took the buds out of jars once a week to air things out. Once humidity was at 60% I added Boveda 62% pouches. I still would burp once a day for another week or 10 days.

Once I have some feedback I'll report it.
Birthplace: Earth
Race: Human
Politics: Freedom
Religion: Love

Wabi-Sabi Garden

Forest

Re: Grove bags

Post by Forest »

I love them . It takes the work out of curing and the smoke is spot on each time as long as u get the dry correct .

mrming

Post by mrming »

Excellent going to watch this to see how it goes, ive been looking into them.
:puff puff: :puff puff:

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

Yes..yes my man....I dry in big paper bags...smaller bags inside...then 62 jars..
Who said this shit was easy
Just satisfrying...

Grumpy Toad
Known User

Post by Grumpy Toad »

I got the samples into the hands of my 4 of 5 of my friends (testers). Just some background on who the testers are. Two are long time experienced growers (20+ years). One is a halfhearted home grower but with a son in law that is a licensed, commercial grower, who grows top shelf. The other two are daily consumers and experienced smokers. They all seemed enthusiastic about doing this but then why not? Free weed right? No. 5 is coming by today to pick up the samples.

JJ
New Years Grow Off Winner

Post by JJ »

I will be right over from OhighO....👌

Grumpy Toad
Known User

Post by Grumpy Toad »

So, here is what I gave each person to try. Enough for a couple joints or bowls of each.

camkush
GR420 Moobs Of The Year

Post by camkush »

hmm this is interesting.. i havent done much reading into it but definitely will now.
Roll Tide :barmy:
#ProtectDiscord

Greenfingers
Known User

Post by Greenfingers »

Nice one @Grumpy Toad 8-) Following this closely

biosynthetic
Known User

Post by biosynthetic »

Seems like a very thorough test. Nice one buddy :thanks: